kicker midbass to match polk tweets?

rodney
rodney Posts: 91
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
since polk doesnt make midrange/midbass speakers, i was wondering if a set of kicker R5c midrange speakers would go good with a pair of polk ex2500 tweets. the tweets freq response is 4000-22k, while the kickers are around 50-5000. check the links for the kicker specs. any advice is appreciated.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-twKcFVXkeem/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=10&g=98800&I=206R5C&o=m&a=0&cc=01&avf=N
alpine cda-9857
polk db6500
polk ex369
polk/momo mm104
profile ap1040
kenwood kac-7251
Post edited by rodney on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2004
    Oh wow! Lookit that! ANOTHER customer looking for mid-bass speakers!

I wonder what market they are buying thier gear in because it's obviously not this one! According to Polk Audio, there's no market for them here in this market.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    you have learned well, young jedi ...

soon you will have achieved the fourth dimension of jerk-hood... it is called "nobody likes me and my girlfriend is a ****!" -- believe me... I'm living it!!! :)

as far as the kicker midbasses go -- i dont know dude -- i'm no big fan of kicker... have you thought about going on ebay and hitting up a set of matching EX midbasses ??? ebay's not all that bad and the money you save (and fact that you'll hav ematching gear, both electronically, acoustically, and cosmetically) could offset any "ebay fears" one might have.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge