cellphones!@#$%^

Options
So it seems people can't push a shopping cart now without one planted in their ear.
And they shop like they drive. They zigzag about like an idiot.
I should just do society a favor and run them down in the parking lot. >:)
Really, they are THAT bad.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It's a sickness, soon to be labeled a disease/disorder capable of receiving disability benefits from the government no doubt.

The other day took the wife to get new glasses at a local Optometrist. 2 teenage girls could not, would not, put the darn phone down long enough so the receptionist to gather their information. She was obviously perturbed, and went to take the next customer before momma intervened. Which they still would not put the dang phone down and I saw them carry it into the examination room.

Parents are just as bad by allowing such behavior. Parents themselves have their own issues with it too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    like the idiot who walks into QTrip talking on the phone out loud the whole time and having mix conversation with someone on the phone and the teller at same time and can not get the wallet out to pay for lack of hands .....you just want to scream at them to put the $%&# down
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    like the idiot who walks into QTrip talking on the phone out loud the whole time and having mix conversation with someone on the phone and the teller at same time and can not get the wallet out to pay for lack of hands .....you just want to scream at them to put the $%&# down

Don't be afraid to yell out at them, I do!
    Was driving througha parking lot recently and saw a woman leaving a store up ahead. She walked straight out in front of me texting and slowed to a stop in front of my car typing. Imoved within a foot of her and laid on the horn! she looked at me like it was somehow my fault. I rolled the window down and yelled at her "get off the F'ing phone if you can't manage to cross the street without stopping in the middle of the F'ing lane!" We're not doing inconsiderate idiots any favors by holding it in and letting them off the hook.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Classy.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Classy.

Yet it's for their own good. Look up and live.
    Right now some say cellphones cause more deaths than
    drunken driving. I believe it.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    Options
    For the same reasons normal people don't tell their kids to go play soccer on the freeway......just replace the soccer ball with a cell phone is all we are doing here. All anyone is asking is to sprinkle in some person responsibility for your own safety. Maybe a touch of etiquette too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Cellphone addicts in the gym really get under my skin! One guy was doing incline chest presses on a Hammer Strength plate loaded machine, all the while his head was cocked to the side talking on the cellphone. People REALLY are that addicted to these things. A lot of others rush through a set and immediately grab their phone to check for texts and other nonsense, often spending way too much time sitting there holding up others who want to use that same equipment.

Had a conversation with a couple coworkers about this. One guy doesn't understand how I can work out without headphones and music playing. I lock my cellphone up in my locker. Thats my time to focus on training and nothing else. No music, no headphones, no texting, no selfies, no Facebook, none of that crap! Just me and the weights.

I long for the days back in the 90's when none of this nonsense was around in the gym. Back then people actually said hello and knew each others names.
    No excuses!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Classy.

People that stupid don't understand a classy response.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Ok time to grab some popcorn.

Grab me a beer while you're in there please
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited August 2016
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Ok time to grab some popcorn.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Grab me a beer while you're in there please

I don't think it's going to be that entertaining, however, I could go for a beer too, please!
  • tat
    tat Posts: 159
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Its all about wanting to be involved in the newest hype so they can socialize with the "cool" kids remotely, so things like nerves and emotions and dishonesty dont embarass/expose them as they would with direct face to face communication. I never got it myself but I am fairly anti-social, especially by todays Moa-like "safe-space" lunacy. Of course the "cool" kids in my day definitely were not computer enthusiasts lol. Im still not sure how Jobs and Gates and Zuckerburg became the rock stars of the new millenium...thats one of the new things I didnt see coming years prior. I mean come-on...Bogart, Miles and Elvis has turned into Zuckerburg and Jobs? Golden Age of American culture is definitely over.
    When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws are free...
  • tonyb
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I long for the days back in the 90's when none of this nonsense was around in the gym. Back then people actually said hello and knew each others names.

Be careful pal, your walking that line of becoming an "angry old male" . :)

I guess human interaction is just too much stress for the younger generations. I have a family member, who at the ripe age of 35 just got his first full time job. Well, full time by todays standards, 30 hours a week. Do that math from when he left college at 22. Anyway, he knows what I did for living and says to me, me of all people...." I had no idea I'd have to be on my feet for 6 hours a day, I'm beat."

When I hear some say we raised a generation of wussie's, I tend to agree.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • sgtmick63
    sgtmick63 Posts: 166
    Options
    A couple of years I heard about this hand held device that fits in your pocket and when activated will shut off any cell phone within 30 feet. I can't remember the name of it. It cost around $300.00 but it is outlawed in th USA. Anybody ever heard of this?
  • tonyb
    Options
    Jammers....yeah, they are illegal but you can still buy them on the internet. You get caught though, they revoke your Costco membership card.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    sgtmick63 wrote: »
    A couple of years I heard about this hand held device that fits in your pocket and when activated will shut off any cell phone within 30 feet. I can't remember the name of it. It cost around $300.00 but it is outlawed in th USA. Anybody ever heard of this?

here's a list
    http://www.thesignaljammer.com/categories/Portable/
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    Options
    I like the drone jammers in that link, pretty good coverage too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • sgtmick63
    sgtmick63 Posts: 166
    Options
    The web site is from the UK. It is called Jammerall.com.
  • tat
    Options
    We're jammin'
    Sing it, I want to jam it with you
    We're jammin', we're jammin'
    And I hope you like jammin' too
    Ain't no rules, ain't no vow
    You can do it anyhow
    'Cause I and I will see you through
    But every day we pay the price
    Come a little sacrifice
    Jammin' till the jam is through
  • tat
    edited September 2016
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Strong Bad wrote: »

Be careful pal, your walking that line of becoming an "angry old male" . :)

Dare I guess an "angry old white man". Don't wanna be pegged that today, not on the Coasts anyway..the new lepers. Im able to laugh at my irritation by this stuff thank God. It aint all bad, thats for sure...you hear Polk may be coming out with new SDA's!