Comfortably Numb solos on Youtube

Options
I watched over a dozen of these solos on Youtube. Some were very good, some ok and some were really off.

In my opinion, this girl here takes the prize. Nearly spot on! Whatcha think? Did I miss one that was better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8N59HZFVgg
No excuses!

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Check her out doing a Vivaldi Tribute

https://youtu.be/DIGfO2Dgc9Y
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    Tina S... wow. That is some straight up raw talent.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    I've watched a bunch of Tina S solos and yeah, she's wicked on a guitar! She shreds that thing with authority! With regard to the Comfortably Numb solo, I still have to go with Irene K as her's matched up nearly spot on with the original. Tina's was more of a jam, added in slides on the strings and such. I'm more a purest and gotta go with my choice.

Funny thing is, of all the ones I watched, the girls were the ones that got it closest.
    No excuses!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I can agree on that. If I was a producer putting a band together the girls as a lead guitarist would be at the top of the list...really great underrated and unrecognized talent out there

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Here's one more that did it really well. A lot of the guys I watched do it, got about half way through and seemed to get lost or just started making stuff up. The girls kill it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE8DD5izJPk
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I can agree on that. If I was a producer putting a band together the girls as a lead guitarist would be at the top of the list...really great underrated and unrecognized talent out there

Oh absolutely! There's so much amazing talent out there, but the thing is that separates them from the top tier is the ability to write the music. This is what makes David Gilmour a guitar god! He's the one that wrote these solos.
    No excuses!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,583
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »

Oh absolutely! There's so much amazing talent out there, but the thing is that separates them from the top tier is the ability to write the music. This is what makes David Gilmour a guitar god! He's the one that wrote these solos.

you are so correct!! there is incredible talented musicians out there but very few of them can put together a bowl of cereal let alone a lead that hasn't been heard done a millions times over.

• Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I think there is a huge difference between copying and creating. I question whether a person that copies can still be termed a musician. To me the term musician imply's writing and creating.....making music. However, this could just be a personal thing.

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,583
    Options
    if you can read music and play what is on the page then yes you are a musician.

My .02
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/jamiedupuismusic/videos/1063421383745644/
    This one's a little different being done on a harp but I like it.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    ^^^^^^The Talent

for a bachelor party