Boston Acoustics VR-M50's in cherry

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,577
edited September 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I'm looking at selling my Boston Acoustic VR-M50's I recently acquired as since I picked up Ernie's Usher V-601's my wife doesn't want me to keep both sets.

Great bookshelf for a office with no sub or for HT as long as you use a sub. They are ported and only go to 60hz before they drop like a rock, and thats a legit measurement per my Anthem ARC results. They are quite small and have very good WAF (I still want to try and keep them TBH).

They have a screwmount on the bottom so they can be connected to some stands out there on the market.

I have a electronic copy of the owners manual and marketing material I can print and include in the box, or email to you, whichever is easiest.

Looking for $300.00 + Shipping. Members PM me for more info. . Willing to drive a bit for a local meet to save any potential shipping issues.

Will be posting pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Some spec's and links below:

Copy of manual online for download

Frequency Response: 59-20,000Hz
Recommended Amplifier Power: 15 - 150 watts
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohm
Sensitivity (1 watt (2.83v) at 1m): 89db
Bass Unit: 5 1/4 (135mm) copolymer
Tweeter: 1" (25mm) black anodized aluminum dome
Crossover Frequency: 3100hz
Dimensions: 9 7/8 H x 7 1/8 W x 9 D (251 x 181 x 230mm)
Finish: Cherry wood veneer with glossy gray top panel
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    How about 40 bucks bro??... :D

On a serious side, you folks survive them storms last night? Was watching it go your way...we had nothing but rain and then after the rain passed, the power went out....
  • EndersShadow
    oldrocker wrote: »
    On a serious side, you folks survive them storms last night? Was watching it go your way...we had nothing but rain and then after the rain passed, the power went out....

Watched a funnel touch down about 1/2 mile or less east of my house and pickup some debris, and another funnel cloud with some decent rotation went real low right over our house, doing no damage (why couldn't it have just taken the dang shingles off :rage: ).....

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • oldrocker
    Glad you folks are ok.
    GLWTS.........
  • EndersShadow
    Bump. Still here, would love to pass em along :smile:
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,321
    Great seller folks. Buy with confidence.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    erniejade wrote: »
    Great seller folks. Buy with confidence.
    Agree. Great seller AND great speakers. Dan picked up these nice speakers, and really put some time into polishing them up and getting them looking better than they already were (which looked pretty pristine in the pics I saw) when he got them! I believe he even tucks them into bed at night (I know there's photo evidence of that somewhere around here...), so trust that he has taken good care of them.

These are very nice sounding, well made, heavy little bookies. Would sound great in a small two channel bedroom or office rig on their own. For more punch in a larger room, just add a sub. How do I know? I have the VR-M50's pulling rear surround duty in our HT, but before that, I used them for a bit on a two-channel setup. It was hard to believe such great sound could come from such a small speaker!
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    I have the 60's from Tony Millard....great little things. Beautiful too
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • EndersShadow
    Still around, lets get these to a new home!
  • Still here, make me an offer.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited September 2016
    '' Will be posting pictures later tonight or tomorrow. ''
    Well : >:)

• chumlie wrote: »
    '' Will be posting pictures later tonight or tomorrow. ''
    Well : >:)

Good point. Will get them up here this evening scouts honor lol...
  • Some pictures ypsomgja7xkc.jpeg
    aslsuyngdccj.jpeg
    v3lnxf19m77v.jpeg
    akoke2fk9cz4.jpeg
    cq2h07ghrcxy.jpeg
  • oldrocker
    Oh my, we really need to get you a better camera..... :D
  • oldrocker
    Just couldn't resist.....
  • oldrocker wrote: »
    Oh my, we really need to get you a better camera..... :D

Better pics are in the other ad at that other place lol...
  • And well... since you prodded lol...

BB63791C-40A7-48BB-B30E-0CAAF25E1866.jpg

870CD491-35CB-4633-9851-935C645F949F.jpg

98E99E1E-65C0-4B23-875F-1C175F4E4500.jpg

23BBA744-0E47-4BF9-99B9-834C6C168D91.jpg

21734240-31C4-4807-B75F-8A3B5CD1AFE4.jpg

EFEBE243-9AD5-4B86-8050-FDBCEC8C4B2B.jpg

A532223D-A25D-4F3C-B2BF-74AAABFE5442.jpg
  • simm
    simm Posts: 564
    These are great sounding speakers.
  • Sold locally