Switch subs?

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
Right now I have an Alpine CDA 7977 Headunit. 2 Alpine sps-690A and 2 sps 170A. 2 Alpine SWE-1041 subs and for amps an Alpine Flex 4 4/3/2 channell for the speakers and a Bazooka EL1500 for subs (please not to many laughs about the bazooka). Right now the sub performance really sucks and the speakers are alright. The first thing I'm going to do is sound deadening, but if my subs still suck should I upgrade my amp or subs first. Any suggestions on subs and amps within a somewhat reasonable price range would be appreciated. Nothing bigger than 12s.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2004
    Options
    what are the specs of the amp that will be running the subs?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Systems
    edited March 2004
    Options
    1 channel mono. It puts out 385 rms at 4 ohms, and 500 rms at 2 ohms is the current amp, but I'm also open to suggestions for amps. Thanks for any help
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Jeremy - even though i'm no fan of bazooka, i have installed that amp in two cars with reasonable success (success = owner of car was happy).

it's nothin to write home about, but it does the job on a budget. know what i mean?

i would suggest two polk momo mm2104's ... they call for 300-ish each but 250 is fine for each one... they'll hit pretty damn good and make ya happy dude.

good luck!
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Systems
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the help, but are you sure those polks will be much better. They have less peak power handling and the exact same rms. Aslo can anyone tell me a good replacement amp for the bazooka that costs around $300-$500. Thanks for any info.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2004
    Options
    yes, the polks will be much better than the bazookas
    peak is a WORTHLESS number
    you should never pay attention to it
    go to www.acaraudio.com and look up hifonics...they have some killer prices on those great amps
    look for an amp that does 600x1@2ohms(ball park...anywhere from 400-700 will do)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it