Suicide Squad

Options
Saw Suicide Squad several days ago. There will be some light spoilers, but nothing in-depth.

My overall impression, pretty darn disappointed! Two big things annoyed the heck out of me.

1. The music selection. At one point in the movie, my friend's girlfriend turned to us and said..."this movie feels like one big music video." Music should serve the scene and add to the emotion of said scene while blending in perfectly. Movies like Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas and Forrest Gump are prime examples of how to fit particular songs into a scene perfectly. Suicide Squad left me feeling that the director simply put his iPod on shuffle and whatever song was playing at the time they were editing a scene, then they stuck it in. It became increasingly annoying as the movie went on.

2. The Joker. I'm not sure if this Joker is some new iteration in the current comics, but I found it horrible. I didn't see the Joker, I saw a crime boss with green hair, bad teeth and tattoos who owned a strip club and pimped out Harley Quinn. The Joker's most iconic thing is his laugh...barely anything.

Not all was bad. Deadshot (Will Smith) was quite good. El Diablo (when he got going) was great. Harley Quinn of course stood out and was super fun to watch.

So yeah, they blew this movie! I really liked Batman V Superman, especially the new Ultimate Edition, but in this case, I agree with all the negative reviews for Suicide Squad. Such a big letdown as I was looking forward to this movie quite a bit.
No excuses!

Comments