Amp recommendations for SDA SRS?

Options
Due to an insurance claim, I have approx $7000 to spend on a power amp(s) for my beautiful original SDA SRSs which I bought in 1987. If I don't use the full $7k, I lose half of it. I live in Europe and would prefer a 230v amp. I don't mind slightly used either. Does anyone have any common ground amp suggestions?
Thank you kindly,
Heater

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    Can you not replace your previous amp with the same? I understand why you are asking about this on the Polk forum, but I think you'd get better suggestions from others in Europe due to the voltage issue.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Heater
    Heater Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you sir. I will ask around locally. I don't know if my 29 yr old Yamaha MX-1000 and NAD 2200 are common ground. I am completely ignorant on the electronics involved and how to find out if they are common ground. I just like good stereo...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    The best way is to use a volt/ohm meter between the negative outputs (binding posts). If the ohm reading is zero or slightly above it's a common ground amp.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk