Ushers in the house!! CP-6381 Wow!!

tophatjohnny
tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
special thanks to member deronb1 for helping me move these heavy bad boys up to my bedroom this afternoon and hook em up. This set came from a local cat that lived in an apartment so they never really opened up. Plus upon audition, the owner didn't have the same power and gear I use so not until I got them home, hooked up, did I hear these babies really sing. OMG!!! These took the place of my Montana SP3's which are now in my living room as main house speakers. (still love them too as Peter builds wicked gear) The Ushers were the perfect addition to my 2 channel bedroom rig and these as as mint as day 1. Great futuristic look and a sound that carries throughout my bedroom (which is pretty big) with a quality sound that puts a smile on my face. I'm a fan no doubt.

145lbs a piece. crazy, isn't it??vqn5ucoffdx0.jpg
ixzj0v680a7t.jpg
sanjtqb8bnbw.jpg
1vy3fugy502w.jpg
4i9x3l03ek23.jpg
o2l3qavinhcb.jpg
"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    They are indeed heavy! Great controlled bass. Hope those are gonna stick around for a while Johnny! :)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Sweet!! B)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • tophatjohnny
    DSkip wrote: »
    Is the finish prettier in person as I've heard? I'm really happy that you are digging them. That's why I was willing to drive up to make a deal happen on my 6311s for you.

The finish is stunning in person. They are perfect in my bedroom.

Be on the lookout for some pnf speaker cables. They work very well with the entry to mid level usher gear.

I just used the same Audio Analysis Black Oval 9's Bi Wired that were on the Montana's and they seem to work great together.
    deronb1 wrote: »
    They are indeed heavy! Great controlled bass. Hope those are gonna stick around for a while Johnny! :)

As heavy as they are, they are staying put!! Amen!!

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Analysis plus speaker cable?? but what do I know
    Congratulations on your new purchase
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Very nice, enjoy. Now all you need are a few CDs to play. ;)
  • tophatjohnny
    GlennDog wrote: »

I know, I got em for a great price a while back and they are built very nice. Seem to gel nice with the Ushers/ but here's me admitting I don't know squat, just know what I have sounds pretty darn good and if a better set of ropes will make these bad boys sound even better I might keel over??? :)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    DSkip wrote: »
    Is the finish prettier in person as I've heard? I'm really happy that you are digging them. That's why I was willing to drive up to make a deal happen on my 6311s for you.

Be on the lookout for some pnf speaker cables. They work very well with the entry to mid level usher gear.

The finish is beautiful. Reminds me of some car paint that seems to change color slightly in different light. There is a sparkly element in the paint, for lack of a better word.
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    edited July 2016

I know, I got em for a great price a while back and they are built very nice. Seem to gel nice with the Ushers/ but here's me admitting I don't know squat, just know what I have sounds pretty darn good and if a better set of ropes will make these bad boys sound even better I might keel over??? :)

I run Analysis Plus Oval 9s and Solo Crystal ICs in my setup and they are a great match with every speaker I've tried them with from ZUs, Maggie's, vintage Monitors and SDAs, and LSiMs. In my system to my ears they best everything I've tried including MIT Shotgun S3s.

Beautiful speakers, congrats! Would love to get my ears on them!
  • tophatjohnny
    Dawgfish wrote: »

I run Analysis Plus Oval 9s and Solo Crystal ICs in my setup and they are a great match with every speaker I've tried them with from ZUs, Maggie's, vintage Monitors and SDAs, and LSiMs. In my system to my ears they best everything I've tried including MIT Shotgun S3s.

Beautiful speakers, congrats! Would love to get my ears on them!

Yes I had the MIT Shotgun S3's as well and the AA Black Oval 9's worked out better for my beat up ears, so just staying put with them and thanks, the Ushers are amazing.