SDA 1C's for sale

I have decided to put my 1C's up for sale. I bought these from treitz3 several years and have enjoyed them ever since but have never had appropriate electronics nor room setup to see what they are really capable of. They have upgraded tweeters and spikes. The only other mod is that I removed the polyswitch a few years ago. Included with the speakers are the original tweeters and interconnect cable. I live about 30 minutes SE of Raleigh NC. Local pickup only. $450. uic1ibptymbr.jpeg
7it4o6fcfcna.jpeg
bsq641vfqxbl.jpeg
t9s445mt61sd.jpeg
hni4wbxmhfnk.jpeg

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    Those are nice good luck with the sale seems to be a lot of good deals in North Carolina lately.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,345
    Ha, those were originally MillerLiteScott's before I delivered them to Tom at Carverfest. Since I planned to use them at CF before handing them over to Tom I put those spikes on. So, let's see.....they have been dingus rubbed by Scott, myself, Tom, Big Eddie the Viking, Bob Carver and now, simm. A lot of history there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• simm
    simm Posts: 564
    These really have made the rounds. I didn't realize all the CP history.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,032
    Interested....what is the smallest room you would put these in??
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Larger rooms are better of course.Ideally they should be three to five feet from any sidewalls or large pieces of furniture.
    (*this has been a MAJOR point of controversy here on the forum for some inexplicable reason*)

Not everyone can do that though.
    I know I certainly had to finagle my living room using several imaginative tricks to get the best sound out of mine.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,032
    I'll get out the tape measure when I get home..,,does this rule of thumb apply to pretty much all SDAs?
  • honestaquarian
    It has to do with the speed at which sound travels and the deleterious effects that early reflections off of large objects (*furniture*) and walls can have on the the stereo image. It can interfere with/destroy the SDA effect depending on how they are set up. SDA loudspeakers,like planars require the listening room be set up to accommodate them and NOT the other way around.
    Which is why they have such low WAF (*Wife Acceptance Factor*)
  • honestaquarian
    http://www.polksda.com/srsreview.shtml

The principles that they talk about in this review apply to all SDA loudspeakers.
  • simm
    I have them on either side of an entertainment center so they didn't have all the room they probably need. They sound good but with better electronics, I have a Yamaha RX-A3000 receiver, powering them they would really shine. For the money it's not likely you could do better if you like the SDA effect. If anyone wants more info don't hesitate to ask.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    Good looking pair of 1C's you have for sale, I rolled mine into the rig while back. A whole lotta good sound for not a lotta cash.

GLWTS
  • simm
    Another bump and if no interest will post elsewhere.
  • simm
    Still available.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    Those are in beautiful shape, somebody needs to grab these. Good luck simm.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • User1
    User1 Posts: 40
    Wish I was a little closer. I'd love to hear them! I've never heard any SDA series. I'm in the market for some new speakers but I've got to buy a new HTR first(then an amp) I'd love to pick up a pair but I'm wondering what everyone uses as a center and surrounds? Did they make smaller SDA's?
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,056
    edited September 2016
    @User1 - I refer to this often:
    Polk Vintage Speaker IDs.pdf

(To any who may wonder: Yes, I know I've posted a link to a document on my private filespace. I have plenty of bandwidth for it and I'd like others to benefit by the info. Also I didn't easily find another link.)
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    Calling Russ aka (Lightman), you might as well add another pair of speakers to your collection these ones are calling you. Someone else should jump on these before Russ does, heck of a deal here.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Calling Russ aka (Lightman), you might as well add another pair of speakers to your collection these ones are calling you. Someone else should jump on these before Russ does, heck of a deal here.

Already have a set....and Tom @treitz3 has rubbed his dingus on that pair as well.
    Jerk...
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,067
    Those are beautiful and for those who have not experienced fully modded 1C's, they are an experience you should not miss. A steal at this price. Even in less than perfect room conditions, they bring the wow factor. GLWTS

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050