Options
2»

Comments

• pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited March 2004
    Options
    WOW! Those look SWEET.

Tell me where you can buy a mountain of a speaker pair like that in what looks like mint condition for $650 plus shipping.

Always a day late on a chance for some SDAs. Maybe one day...
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I'm still starin' at 'em.:)
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • acdds
    acdds Posts: 253
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I will be selling my SDA-1B's when I get these. If anyone is interested.
    Receiver = Denon AVR-3803
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • racer4551
    racer4551 Posts: 373
    edited March 2004
    Options
    PM mailbox is clear,sorry............
    *HT PRE-PRO*:Rotel rsp-1068, *AMP*:Rotel RMB 1095 *DVD PLAYER*:Denon 2200,*CD PLAYERS*,Arcam Alpha Mcd 6 disk carasel,Hughes Hdtv receiver, Hughes hdvr2,*MAINS*:Polk LSI 15'S, *CENTER*:Polk LSIC, *SIDE SURROUNDS*:Polk LSIFX,*REAR SURROUND*:Polk LSI 7'S,*SUB*:SVS PB2+*.MONITOR*:Mitsubishi ws48413 hdtv,Monsterpower hts2500X2,,Sony playstation2,Harmony sst-659 remote
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3

I-Sig, are your SDA 1's still available?

Not really. While they are not in the best condition cosmetically, they are in damn fine shape sonically and I would prefer that they stay that way, regardless of the owner or their relatives.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    edited March 2004
    Options
    OUCH

That was harsh :eek:
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2004
    Options
    MX,
    If you can wait a couple years I know where you can get some 1.2TL's on the cheap. They will need the drivers replaced and the front covering may be cracked and discolored though.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Racer,

You can sell your speakers to whoever you want but I have no clue how this list was established. Gshisme clearly indicates in the thread I was before him and acdds never responded in the thread, please disregard the email I sent you giving you my ship address and quote for shipping costs.

If you want to establish a list other than by responding to the thread why dont you say so?:confused:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by I-SIG
    Not really. While they are not in the best condition cosmetically, they are in damn fine shape sonically and I would prefer that they stay that way, regardless of the owner or their relatives.

Wes

Good man, kudos to your morality :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • gshisme
    edited March 2004
    Options
    reeltrouble, blame me not racer. He based his list on the order that he recieved PM's in addition to the posts on this thread. I had PM'd him before my post refering to my interest in them. I based my post of order on the post responses only..not any PM's. I was clearly at fault here.

reeeltrouble I would gladly pass on my oppurtunity to purchase them to the next in order should they be SDA-less at present.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2004
    Options
    gshisme,

It appears he wants to sell them to acdds anyway and they are his speakers. Thank you for your offer though.

RT1
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    Good man, kudos to your morality :D

Thanks, Mark!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • gshisme
    edited March 2004
    Options
    racer, haven't heard from ya so I'm assuming acdds is the lucky one. Damn nice speakers. Congrats acdds and thanks racer for the opportunity at snatching those SDA's. All is not lost for me however. That will free up some funds for a 541i cd player and an LP record cleaning machine.

acdds, how 'bout an SDA shootout before ya sell the others.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    There is very little performance difference in the two models, so I don't know exactly what the shootout would do as far as information. Just a few lbs. and a Hz or two.

I think a couple pics of that big front end would be cool tho' :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • gshisme
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    There is very little performance difference in the two models, so I don't know exactly what the shootout would do as far as information. Just a few lbs. and a Hz or two.

I think a couple pics of that big front end would be cool tho' :D

that is exactly what I was wondering...and yeah, pics please.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Just please tell me they are not being shipped UPS...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • acdds
    edited March 2004
    Options
    No shipping. I am picking them up tommorow. I will post pictures of both sets together before I box them up for sale.
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • racer4551
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Hey acdds, sent you a pm about pickup...........
    *HT PRE-PRO*:Rotel rsp-1068, *AMP*:Rotel RMB 1095 *DVD PLAYER*:Denon 2200,*CD PLAYERS*,Arcam Alpha Mcd 6 disk carasel,Hughes Hdtv receiver, Hughes hdvr2,*MAINS*:Polk LSI 15'S, *CENTER*:Polk LSIC, *SIDE SURROUNDS*:Polk LSIFX,*REAR SURROUND*:Polk LSI 7'S,*SUB*:SVS PB2+*.MONITOR*:Mitsubishi ws48413 hdtv,Monsterpower hts2500X2,,Sony playstation2,Harmony sst-659 remote
  • racer4551
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Sold to acdds,delivered today:( Great transaction,thanks acdds hope you enjoy.Also thanks to everyone for their interest.
  • gshisme
    edited March 2004
    Options
    acdds, take care of those babes. Great days lie ahead bud. racer, do ya miss 'em yet.;)
  • acdds
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Thank you Racer!! These are the definition of mint condition!! Not a scratch on them. They sound fantastic! Great transaction!! I just got finished taking some pics of the 1-C's and the 1-B's together and as soon as I figure out how to post them they will be up on the board. Thanks again Racer!!
    DVD = Denon DV-2900
    Fronts = SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    (Carver m1.5t)
    Center = CSi40
    Side surrounds = Fxi30's
    Sony 12" sub
    TV = Hitachi 57F500

Bedroom rig:
    Pioneer SX-1050 receiver
    Rti38's
  • racer4551
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Glad you like them, enjoy!!