Monitor 5's

reeltrouble1
reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
edited March 2004 in Speakers
I saw these up for sale, I have never heard the Monitor 5, anybody have experience? I would likely use them in some type of two channel set-up. How much have they been going for?

Thanks for the help.
Post edited by reeltrouble1 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2004
    Those appear to be 5b's. Going market rate in good to great condition seems to be around $100-$130 / pair.

I've got a pair, has that classic Polk sound, and decent bass for a speaker it's size.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2004
    I had a pair of those while stationed in Turkey (1992-1994) and I loved them. Great slam and way above average midrange/high end. Bass was pretty impressive too, given the size. I drove them with a Soundraftsmen PM840 (205 watts/rms) and they ran beautifully.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2004
    Thanks for the infor guys, the owner is asking 170.00 so as I suspected a little high.

I am going to give my son who moved out my RT55i which I have been using for my 2ch. Any idea how these would match up against the 55i's.

thanks.

RT1