Are these decently matched?

CGTIII
CGTIII Posts: 1,022
Due to too many reasons to explain, the following are under consideration to be in the same room with each other, but not usually powered at the same time: 1 Pair Polk S4s and 1 Pair of Polk RT15is. Are these generally the same or substantially different?

Thanks in advance.
Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
​Thompson Adventures, Inc.

Comments

• CGTIII
    I retract the question as I found a second set of S4s. :)

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    S4's! They bring back memories. My first pair of Polk Audio speakers were a pair of S6's that I bought with blood money. Literally... I was in college and would donate plasma every week. I'd take that money and put towards the S6's I had on layaway. Took me several months to get them at $25/week!

Best of luck!
  • CGTIII
    I donated plasma for cash in college as well. :)
    My mother, who was a Medical Technician, was *very* upset when I told her years later.
    I used the money to buy a pair of Realistic T100s, which I'm now rebuilding with Vifa drivers and custom Audio Labs crossovers.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    CGTIII wrote: »
    I donated plasma for cash in college as well. :)
    My mother, who was a Medical Technician, was *very* upset when I told her years later.
    I used the money to buy a pair of Realistic T100s, which I'm now rebuilding with Vifa drivers and custom Audio Labs crossovers.

That's what you may tell your friends, but we all know it was sperm that you donated. Your probably like that movie....100 kids looking for their daddy. :p:)

Sooner or later, your gonna have a helluva child support payment. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • CGTIII
    Well I wouldn't have ever told Mom that! ;)