Small Sealed Subwoofers?

2»

Comments

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,202
    edited February 11
    Hermitism wrote: »
    msg wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get in touch with @Rick88 ?
    Try the t-bars.

lhto6q8ex25s.png
    Brother, I've been there.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,537
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get in touch with @Rick88 ?
    Try the t-bars.

I sent him a pm once, then immediately deleted that message from my inbox, thinking I was just cleaning it out and not knowing that his reply, if he sent one, went out into space and was not able to be received by me. (I'm going to make all my sentences that long today)
    I'm having one of those days, myself.
    Except for this.
    These.
    The long sentences, not the t-bars.
    I disabled signatures.
  • verbverb Posts: 4,801
    Hey Scott you still got the sub? I've been very happy with my SVS SB12 Plus that I got from Trey @VR3 perfect size for the office.
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/184246/svs-sb12-plus-sold/p1
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Hey Dave, the SDS-8? I do. I used it for a while, and then tried the little Deftech SC3 at the earlier recommendation. The SDS-8 is doing pretty well in a small near field setup, but I'm still looking for something compact with some more serious performance.

Re: the SVS - wow, that's a lot of sub in that form factor!
    Sheesh, talk about configurability... look at all those controls.

I do have to say, having a sub with Q control... seems to be a lesser known feature, but fantastic for tuning, being able to control how tight or flabby your bass is, with the twist of a knob. @Hermitism knows what I'm talkin' about...
    I disabled signatures.
    Yeah the SVS kicks it for sure. Hard to believe, just a year ago, the office only had POS Logitech speakers coming out of the computer's sound card! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    hehe, was it 2.1 at least?
    I disabled signatures.
    hehe, was it 2.1 at least?

3.1 actually! :smile:
    Fancy!
    I disabled signatures.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,064
    @msg you know I love my Martin Logan dynamo original. Tons of connectivity and it pounds for its size, but is super clean and tight. Extends to the mid to low 20s and less than 1 cubic foot! And it can be front firing or down firing. I do find that it sounded slightly better down firing, but in the bedroom it fits in the cabinet front firing and that makes the wifey happy! So that’s how it is...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 903
    edited February 11
    I really liked these M&K subs.

No affiliation

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/153325318200

A VX7 sub from them is even smaller.
2»