For the best..

Options
Audiogon had a pair of Parasound JC-1 9/10 condition, black Monoblocks for sale $5250 for the pair. They just vanished off the site-presume sold, need someone to tell me they were too much for my system, I would have had to spend more on everything, it's for the best, be happy with what I have. Thank you. :)

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    OhMan did you say black? Do have any idea how rare those are? Fiftytwofifty you say OhMan....that was such a killer steal and would of taken that system of yours to new heights. I'm sorry ........

Haha just had to play the other side.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I'll agree with Skip, too much for the playmates your using. What are you driving the speakers with now ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    Options
    Thank you gentlemen, Ds for your support, pb2 for your wit. tb A21.
  • tonyb
    Options
    That's a nice amp Collin, more than sufficient for the LSIM's.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    I agree the A21 is sufficient for the LSIM's but can you ever have enough clean power? The A21 is a great amp but the change you would see with monoblocks is relatively large. The soundstage, separation and reduction in crosstalk would be a great reason to make a move if the cost fits in the budget.

I'm not trying to spend your money but the upgrade would be a great start to the next round of system upgrades.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    .I thought this was gonna be another vasectomy post.
    Yeah Colin, sometimes it's best when these opportunities evaporate, yeah? Gives you some time to really reflect on it. That does sound like a decent deal on JC-1's, but like you and the others have said, it wouldn't just be $5250 - you'd be in for much more than that in the cost for additional gear upgrades that you haven't fully considered at this point - speakers, cables, front end, etc.

I have to force a step back sometimes and consider, am I missing anything in my system? Occasionally, I'll have opportunity to hear a neat new piece that brings something new, but for all our obsessing, isn't it good to find a point of relative satisfaction at times, and try to rest on that for a bit, and enjoy what we've accomplished?

Okay, no, I don't believe it either. Carry on.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyb
    Options
    tratliff wrote: »
    I agree the A21 is sufficient for the LSIM's but can you ever have enough clean power? The A21 is a great amp but the change you would see with monoblocks is relatively large. The soundstage, separation and reduction in crosstalk would be a great reason to make a move if the cost fits in the budget.

I'm not trying to spend your money but the upgrade would be a great start to the next round of system upgrades.

One upgrade begets another as we say. I might disagree a tad on the improvements he might realize with the JC-1's.

Why ? Those speakers are too easy a load for the mono's to shine and strut their stuff. Amps shine when presented a load, something to make them work a bit. Hence the upgrades won't end with the amps and before you know it your 10k + poorer.

Something to think about Collin, but maybe you'd be better served with a tubed Pre amp and better cabling to take you up a few notches in SQ. If your dead set on trying another amp, one with better articulation, musical, that will bring out more layers of details, try McCormack amps. Not saying your A21 isn't any of those things, just that the McCormacks offer a bit more of them.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    Also, there are the additional power delivery requirements for some of the larger high current amplifiers.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ukcolin99
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks guys. I did buy pair of Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference Series II RCA 1m 24k Gold/Silver Interconnects, use between 851D & P5, do they need time to sound at their best? How long? Are Silnotes any good?

PS tubes scare me...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Step out and step up, get some Bel Canto mono blocks.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    ukcolin99 wrote: »
    PS tubes scare me...

I have a smaller Parasound amp but must say adding a tubed pre made a noticeable difference in a good way.

Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • tonyb
    Options
    ukcolin99 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I did buy pair of Silnote Audio Morpheus Reference Series II RCA 1m 24k Gold/Silver Interconnects, use between 851D & P5, do they need time to sound at their best? How long? Are Silnotes any good?

PS tubes scare me...

"Good" is only relevant to the user, only you can make that call. Personally I see nothing wrong with them, they certainly have their own following. What speaker cables are you using to accompany the Silnotes ?

Usually around 100-200 hours the cables should be fully broken in. Is there something about the sound your getting that's got you searching to make a change or is it more so just a curiosity thing ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ukcolin99
    Options
    Thank you gentlemen, nut I see a pair on eb for $3600, they don't match my "black look".
    tb MIT AVT bw2 Bi-wired Speaker Cable Pair 12' think it may be time to look at speaker cables I've had the AVT's for a year.
    I bought the Silnotes on a whim, missed out on the Parasounds had to buy something.
    Initially they appeared to make tones higher and little hollow on most songs, already sounding better, although I know I have "hearing audio quality issues" that need to be fixed.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    What pre are you using? I am going to agree with a tube pre. I tried going back to a ss pre several times but wind up going back to a tube pre.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    I almost for to ask why do tubes scare you? Many of the modern tube pres can run for years without needed a change.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Colin, I would check out Wells Audio if you want a musical sounding amp that is well made & looks beautiful. Lots of great reviews. Basically those amps sound like real music. The Akasha @$5k msrp would be within your reach, or you could stretch and go for the excellent Innamorato ($7k) - wellsaudio.com/akasha/