Is customer service phone line broken?

I have been trying to contact polk audio customer service line 1-800-377-7655 since the morning to get a replacement driver.
Havent been able to connect at all.
Message: The wireless customer you are calling is not available. Please try again later.

Is it high volume of calls or just line is broken? Or is it just my service provider going bonkers on Polk audio?

Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Coincidently, I have been trying all day also. Need to order a plate amp and a wireless adapter. I've tried both my cell and a land line and don't even get a message.
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    Hmmm. So its just not me :smile: Hopefully they resolve it soon. Its a big shocker for such a large organization's customer support phone number not working for a whole day.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • DollarDave
    I finally got thru to someone (who wasn't helpful at all). I'll call back tomorrow as this fellow gave me a price on the plate amp that was more than double what "Ken" had given me last week...
    This fellow also claimed that they were not having any problems with their phones or lines today...since I made calls all day long all over the country without any problems today, I suspect the issue was either at Polk or their carrier. Either way, the fellow should have known about it or at least asked me some details. He wasn't too interested in helping. I usually have a good experience with Polk CS. Not today.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    I imagine you were talking with Ken Carter the first time. You can reach him at Ken.Carter@soundunited.com
    I'll check on the phone issue, keep in mind they could still be having a few issues because of the recent move.
  • trj
    DollarDave wrote: »
    I finally got thru to someone (who wasn't helpful at all). I'll call back tomorrow as this fellow gave me a price on the plate amp that was more than double what "Ken" had given me last week...
    This fellow also claimed that they were not having any problems with their phones or lines today...since I made calls all day long all over the country without any problems today, I suspect the issue was either at Polk or their carrier. Either way, the fellow should have known about it or at least asked me some details. He wasn't too interested in helping. I usually have a good experience with Polk CS. Not today.

I called on Friday to get some troubleshooting steps and a quote on on the driver if it turns out bad after the test. Definitely phones are broken. I may have tried calling more than 40 times today since the morning. Will try again tomorrow. Let's see.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Polk was having telephone related problems yesterday, they've been resolved and should be back on the air.
  • DollarDave
    Got through today and ordered my plate amp. Bought the wireless adapter off of e-bay last night..
  • trj
    Thanks for the update guys. I will call and order the driver then.