new deck install

fireshoes
fireshoes Posts: 3,167
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Spur of the moment yesterday, I sold my Alpine 7894 to a friend and got a Kenwood 879 and Here2Anywhere Sirius Tuner with car and home docking kits. The deck and Sirius are both working fine, but I lost my turn signals and the two main brake lights. The brake light in the window still works. Any suggestions for what I need to do to fix it?
Post edited by fireshoes on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2004
    lol
    what power source did you tap into to get power to the tuner?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    you will require most assistance than anyone who's not actually digging inside the car can give you -- i would suggest you and a buddy start disconnecting some of the stuff you hooked up, and keep checking the car -- eventually (hopefully) your functions (ie. lights) will come back... if they don't, then **** man, i dont know what to tell you -- i friggin feel for you though... had **** like that happen to me... you end up tearing apart half the damn car to fix a shorted wire.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • fireshoes
    edited March 2004
    Hopefully I just blew a fuse. I really haven't had a chance to look at anything yet. It's not too big of a deal as long as I don't get a ticket. I live about a block from a police station.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited March 2004
    hopefully its something simple...
    i hate wiring...
    why cant things just go right the first time?
    lol
    one time i spent about 2 hours trying to figure out why my amp wasnt working...
    the remote lead had gotten cut in the middle of the carpet...that was ****
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2004
    How 'bout spending an hour trying to figure out why the only sound I was getting was a "thump" every 5 seconds only to find out that Id not hooked up the negative wire to one of the speakers and it was laying over and touching the positive wire. I felt real smart after that one. But in my defense, that was about 10 years ago so Im much smarter now! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • fireshoes
    edited March 2004
    Well out of the blue today, my turn signals started working again. I went to lunch and when I came out, I heard a clicking in my car, like the turn signal was on, but nothing was flashing. Right as I touched the emergency flasher knob, the clicking stopped. I don't know if I did it or what. But everything is back to normal now. I writing this one off as 'possesed car.' :-D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2004
    Maybe you pinched a wire going to the emergency flasher switch when you did the install. It shorted everything out and when you hit some odd bump in the road, it jarred the wire loose. You pressing the button completely alleviated the problem?

I've done it before. I couldn't figure out why the dash lights in my T-bird went out when the radio was installed but came back on when I pulled it out. Then I realized that the auto-dimmer lead for the factory radio was pinched in the mounting chassis for the radio. I taped up the end and then taped it up out of the way and the dash lights worked once again.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!