Full circle?

It's interesting how things end up sometimes.

Back in '06 -'07, I had just met Kelley (moonpie) and Mike (Face) through this forum, and one day we decided to meet up and I headed over to his place. He had an amazing setup, LSi's all around, an Earthquake Cinenova driving them, 55" DLP, etc. - much more than I had at the time, and I was looking forward to hearing everything. Well, he also had an SVS PB12-Plus/2 and that got me the most curious; I had read a lot about them on this forum, but really had no clue how much sub it was, especially compared to my PSW450. Well, this thing literally shook the couch we sat on, and THAT was through a carpeted, concrete slab... dayum! So I decided that day to keep looking for an SVS for myself, and finally found a B-stock NSD/2 and have been in sub-heaven since.

So fast forward to a few weeks ago, I had contacted Mike because too much time had passed, and he isn't around here much these days. So during the conversation he told me he actually had Kelley's old SVS and was looking to move it out, and would I be interested in it? So I quickly dusted off the hand truck and headed over to his house and now have the sub that originally got me hooked 8+ years ago. Only thing is, now that it's here, I really don't think I have the need (or space) for two of these things, so one of them will likely have to go. A bit of buyers remorse I guess, so check the FM in the coming weeks... :'(
Maybe.
So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Going to guess your not ANYWHERE close to me, but for giggles, where you at?

PS I PM'd Mike @Face on AVS for the same reason (well that and I had a question for him :smile: )
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Noo Yawk. LI, to be specific.

Depending on when this years PolkFest takes place, I could easily transport it for handoff then. Assuming I don't find a way to shoehorn it into my current setup.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    Just stack the two subs. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche