#4 hex washer head screw

Hello,
Looking for a source for #4 hex washer head sheet metal screw 1/4" long, quantity 100 stainless steel if possible.
Thanks, Ken

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Home Depot, dingleberry. ;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Ken
    Try McMaster Carr, they had the types I needed for my speakers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Thanks for the suggestions.
  • [Deleted User]
    The problem seems to be finding them in #4 size, Ampex uses them to attach the Cannon and Amphenol connectors. Looks like I'll have to clean the tarnished ones I have.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    https://www.fastenal.com/

Ken this place will probably have them you might have to buy a box of 100 but if this place don't have them then they are probably hard to find.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • [Deleted User]
    I think I've misidentified what it is, it is a 4-40 hex washer head screw, not a sheet metal.
  • [Deleted User]
    I counted 11 threads for the 1/4" length and they have the self tapping ends. They used the fairly standard sheet metal screws to hold the major pieces together, so that's what led me to the wrong screw type. Now I'm thinking I could use a 4-40 screw with a washer on both ends and locking nuts. That way I wouldn't have those screw ends on the inside showing. I tend to go overboard when building stuff.
    Thanks for everyone's help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Thanks for your suggestions. My goal is to restore the 351 chassis to as close as possible to original condition, which is why I'm trying to duplicate the original fasteners. I have three of these amplifiers55gxrape9qkc.jpg
    This is a B unit, meant to be controlled by an A unit, this one I've not done anything to. The second is the A unit that I've overhauled the power supply, record board and playback boards. This was in the same shape as the B unit.dp19ictvtp7c.jpg
    This another, more recent A unit that I've done the power supply but not the record or playback boards.ajct9fpd2c0j.jpg
    This is the output Cannon connector with original mounting screws a3ca4pzxufwq.jpg
    I've been able to get the first two functioning in terms of playback (recording is a whole other level of testing to come) levels and distortion (at least at 1kHz) but the mechanical overhauling is time consuming.

• scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    I just hope you don't need those in black, I hear the black spray paint is kinda hard to find also..............could be wrong.
    humpty dumpty was pushed