Who's participating in Record Store day 2016?

I will be in Asheville NC this morning. . B)
Anyone else?
2ch rig: Speakers: Magnepan LRS w/Magna Riser stands Preamplifier: Parasound P5 Amplifier: Parasound A23 CDP: Pioneer DV-563A Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

Standby: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    40 more minutes and the door opens gonna be a heck of a morning checking my list and checking it twice quite the crowd.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    Asheville! Your on the tour list. Love it up there. B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    After work unfortunately... All the good stuff will be gone by then.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Everyday is record store day for me fellas...everyday!...
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    I work today, and my RSD is 1.2 hours away from me. If it were closer, I'd go for sure after work, but that's just too far for me.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,105
    edited April 2016
    917etae9vkqb.jpg

Got what I wanted this here new Sturgill Simpson- A Sailors Guide To Earth blue edition 180 gram vinyl with free CD they only had three of them, and I got one. Its been a long morning the line was a frigging mile long to the cashiers, only dropped about 60 bones but spent over three hours standing, time to eat and listen to some vinyl.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I'll be sending my money at Music Directs 15% off all vinyl for record store day sale. I hate waiting in lines.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 781
    Very cool guys. I'd say I had a pretty good experience over all. My buddy and I showed up an hour and a half early at the first shop and there was already a nice size line. Then after what seemed like "Black Friday" for vinyl was over we went to one more shop in hopes to find what we didn't at the 1st place; and we succeeded!
    2ch rig: Speakers: Magnepan LRS w/Magna Riser stands Preamplifier: Parasound P5 Amplifier: Parasound A23 CDP: Pioneer DV-563A Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Went first to Trax On Wax in Catonsville and found 10CC, "The Original Soundtrack" and "Deceptive Bends", Ry Cooder's "Boomer's Story", Joe Cocker's "Joe Cocker!" on import pressing and The Band's "Northern Lights-Southern Cross".
    Then went further west to The Archive in Ellicott City and found Robert Fripp's "God Save the Queen", Neil Young's "Comes a Time" and "Zuma".
    Can't wait to enjoy.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    edited April 2016
    I loath going to stores on days like RSD or Black Friday, it would take something quite special to convince me to endure that torture. Down "NOLA" was supposed to be reissued this year for RSD and I was so excited as the original commands $200 or more. Unfortunately it was cancelled and along with it my willingness to go to a record store today.

I wish that reasons would be given instead of just "It's cancelled". Why was it cancelled? Will it still be released in the future?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Yea, I know what you mean, I never made it past the front of the store at Trax On Wax. But, most of what was on my list was either in the "B" or "C" section and then to the "T" side, so I was okay. In, look for a few records, pay and leave unscathed. Then across the street for some great middle eastern food and west towards Ellicott City. Hunting and gathering on a beautiful day.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,352
    Alan Parsons - I Robot (Numbered Limited Edition 180g 45RPM Vinyl 2LP)

LINDA RONSTADT - SIMPLE DREAMS (NUMBERED LIMITED EDITION 180g Vinyl)

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (Numbered Limited Edition 180g 45rpm Vinyl 2LP)

Music direct helped me out with these... I am finding my setup loves MoFi, and anything else... not so much.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    You'll like Brothers in Arms, MoFi did a great job on that. I find the Analogue Productions (Quality Pressing) does a good job, as good as MoFi.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    edited April 2016
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    Everyday is record store day for me fellas...everyday!...
    I'm with ya bro.

In hearing about reissues, some are pretty good (Beatles Mono box Set for instance), but you can usually get nice used pressings of original releases for a fraction of the price. Various Mofi pressings have been hit and miss for me, some pressings seem to be bit bright and sibilant. Vinyl has never been a perfect medium with variations even within the same pressings.
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • HzTweaker
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Asheville! Your on the tour list. Love it up there. B)

What venue?

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    The whole dang town! I live just down the hill near Troutman off I40.
  • HzTweaker
    Very cool. After Saturday I think I'll be visiting Asheville more often to further expand my collection of vinyl's. :)

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    Hit Vinyl Underground here in KC. In the basement of a head and sex shop.

Got the Tom Petty and Buddy Guy 2016 RSD releases and scored to 2 Tool albums which is the first of their music I have heard and bought. Picked up picture disk Lateralus and Undertow on vinyl. Could not find Aenima but did order it on CD.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • HzTweaker
    thsmith wrote: »
    Hit Vinyl Underground here in KC. In the basement of a head and sex shop.

Got the Tom Petty and Buddy Guy 2016 RSD releases and scored to 2 Tool albums which is the first of their music I have heard and bought. Picked up picture disk Lateralus and Undertow on vinyl. Could not find Aenima but did order it on CD.

Sounds great. & good find with the Tool albums. They are great musicians and a fantastic band. After you check them out, look into Maynard Keenan's side group "A Perfect Circle".

Sounds like everyone made out okay on RSD. I cant wait to see what will be included on next years limited editions list next year. .