Polk LS90 Speakers for sale

Options
Freshman JS
Freshman JS Posts: 8
edited March 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hi All,

My wife has finally convinced me to sell my Black LS90 speakers...they take up too much room and I have switched to satellites.

These things are absolutely awesome. They are in perfect working order.

Please see my auction at ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3086596675&category=14993&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Or -- send me a pm if you want to discuss.

Thanks,
Jared
Post edited by Freshman JS on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited March 2004
    Options
    How do you expect to sell them things, when you don't even show off ALL them midbasses man??

Cmon now...take the grills off....

just my 2 cents!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Freshman JS
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the Tip! I added a pic with the grill off. ..

Freshman
  • Freshman JS
    edited March 2004
    Options
    bump...auction ends tomorrow
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Just in case anyone here was interested in these and hadn't seen this picture I received detailing what is referred to in the eBay text as "very minor scratching"
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited March 2004
    Options
    WTF??? -- Do you have a cat man? MINOR SCRATCHING??? heh -- I hope you share that picture with the winner, or they're gonna be MAD when they see it. Minor...pfff
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    WTF??? -- Do you have a cat man? MINOR SCRATCHING??? heh -- I hope you share that picture with the winner, or they're gonna be MAD when they see it. Minor...pfff

I agree, the right thing to do would be adding that picture to the auction if you can...
  • Freshman JS
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Ok hold on a second.

1) I have been extremely open with everyone who has inquired about the speakers. that's how the poster above got that photo in the first place.

2) Anyone placing a bid for an expensive item like that on eBay should email the seller with any questions they have...and many people have done that with this auction. I have answered all of their questions completely and openly.

3) If you don't like the way the speakers look, don't bid.

4) The current price is $600 on the auction. That is a fair price for these speakers in their current condition.

5) the high-res close up photo taken in bright light -- to me -- exaggerates the scratches. in my living room, under normal conditions these speakers look fine, and you have to look to find the scratches

6) Check out my track record on eBay. The last thing I want to do is cause anyone to feel cheated.

Freshman
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Those 90s look funny I have a pair also and mine are tapered. Slightly smaller on the top your seem to be perfectly square. Maybe mine are defective?
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • Freshman JS
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Hi,

They are tapered. For some reason, my camera makes them look square. But they are definitely tapered. They are about half as wide at the top as they are at the bottom.

I could not get the camera to take a photo that looked accurate.

Freshman
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by warviper
    Those 90s look funny I have a pair also and mine are tapered. Slightly smaller on the top your seem to be perfectly square. Maybe mine are defective?

That's funny...I had the same thought...figured it was just a camera issue...
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Freshman JS
    Hi All,

My wife has finally convinced me to sell my Black LS90 speakers...they take up too much room and I have switched to satellites.
    Thanks,
    Jared

Women!:rolleyes:
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2004
    Options
    They look square because you are looking down at them. The further away things are the smaller they look. The scratches, I don't know man, they look significant enough to explain in the ad as more than minor scratches for those of us who don't like to ask a bunch of questions. Maybe they are just magnified, I'm not saying they aren't. It just seems there should have been a good pic of it in the ad.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Freshman JS
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Since you all are so curious -- the auction ended. The winning bidder had requested and received several photos of the scratched area. He is happy with his purchase and was fully aware of the speaker condition.

So, all is well. Next time, I will make my ad more complete, but I just wanted to say that at no time did I intend to sell someone something they didn't want or to hide the condition of these excellent speakers.
  • madmax
    edited March 2004
    Options
    i'm glad everything worked out for you. I recommended them to a friend when the auction first opened. Whether he bid on them or not I don't know. I don't think he would have asked you what you meant by minor scratches and he probably wouldn't have been too happy. I hope you understand my previous comments. You said something earlier that for the going price you thought the scratches were no big deal. If someone had bid them up to say $900 would you have e-mailed them and said they may not be worth it?
    madmax

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Congratulations on your auction, but the comments made per the scratches were valid, and you promptly addressed them. That is above what most Ebay users take on themselves to perform.

It may have been worded poorly, but the intention was good. Polkies alert and help Polkies, that's all, no harm or insult was meant.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Freshman JS
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Madmax,

Actually the answer to your question is yes. I was in communication with the likely winner, and if a new bidder came on later, I was planning to send an email saying that i wanted to make sure they were aware of the scratches.

Let me just repeat that I would never want to take money from someone for something that they were unhappy with. My word and reputation are worth far more then $600 or $900 or whatever. If any of you ever wins an auction that I post, and decides you want a refund, you will get it.

As for your friend -- i'd suggest you let him know that it would be wise to avoid bidding anywhere close to $900 for anything on ebay without inquiring about its condition and being quite certain he would be happy with the purchase.

Frankly, I'm confused about why several posters here are trying to imply that this auction was deceitful. The fact is, it wasn't -- and the people involved know that. If you want to continue to accuse me of mishandling it, feel free -- but your accusations are baseless, and I fail to understand why you are spending your time/energy on it.

In fact, I know that at least one poster was contacting bidders from my auction to tell them that I was deceitful. Fortunately, the winner saw through those hollow accusations.

Freshman
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2004
    Options
    At the time of auction they weren't addressed in pictures, Polkies picked it up and ran with it. I don't recall the word "deceitful" used in any posts. It's no slight on you, but the pictures were posted here, and that was great of Polk Wannabie to do so. You sold them, you were honest in replies....what's the problem?

MANY illegitimate Polk Audio auctions happen all the time, you weren't singled out. It was simply a question, you answered, done deal. I would be very suprised if we ever hear from you again, but am glad that you sold your Polk's.

EDIT: I did not know that someone was contacting your potential bidders. I also forgot to ack PW in the posting of the pictures, he was looking out for the house.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I don't think you're referring to my post with the extra picture that you graciously provided but in case you are, unlike most reporters all I did was report. I intentionally put no slant on that reporting, good, bad or otherwise. I'm glad your auction completed succesfully and I'm glad the buyer is getting what he thinks he is.
  • madmax
    edited March 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Freshman JS
    Madmax,

Actually the answer to your question is yes. I was in communication with the likely winner, and if a new bidder came on later, I was planning to send an email saying that i wanted to make sure they were aware of the scratches.
    Freshman

That's good enough for me. :)

madmax

• Freshman JS
    edited March 2004
    Options
    PW --

I was not referrering to you or to your post.