For Sale: Polk SDA SRS in Central NJ

I haven't been around the forum much recently, as life has placed other priorities ahead of this wonderful hobby. Therefore, it is time to let go of my hoard of audio gear.

I have a pair of SDA SRS (not 1.2TL) that have not been updated and that have been gathering dust for a few years. I need to move these wonders to someone with the ability to enjoy them.

I need to go over them and check all of the drivers to make sure that they are all still working well. I'll also move them into a place where I can take some pictures. Assuming that everything is as I remember it to be, in fine working and 8/10 cosmetic condition, I'm asking $1,600 with local pickup. I can also drive them a reasonable distance if desired.

These are the blade-blade SRS variety, and will include an interconnect cable (I think it's a newer one, but will update once I pull everything together).

I had hoped to make these the centerpiece of my ultimate system, but have hit a bit of a financial pinch and really need to move these (and other stuff that I'll be posting here soon).

Thanks for looking, hope you all are doing well.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited March 2016
    Sorry to see you have to part with them. One thing to mention, location is not shown anymore on our profiles so you will want to list city/state or zip code for shipping/local pickup reaskns
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    Sorry to see you have to part with them. One thing to mention, location is not shown anymore on our profiles so you will want to list city/state or zip code for shipping/local pickup reaskns

He said Central NJ...
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Hey Dawg, we missed you at PolkFest last year, hope you can get to the next one.
    Towards that end, if you need a lift I'll be happy to swing by before we raid Johns' house (kidding, kidding... that won't happen until October)

GLWTS anyway, hope to see you around here more often too.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    Ender, as Ken pointed out, I'm in central NJ, not too far from Exit 9 on the Turnpike if you must know...

Harry, I missed being tghere and hanging out with you fine folks (and the others too). I'd love to get to spend more time enjoying our hobby, but that is probably still a little ways off.
  • Big Dawg
    Just typed a long note and lost it. Oh well. Probably too long anyway.

I haven't been active for several years, as life got in the way. I need to sell the big guys ASAP, and I'm looking to give them a good home.

I am reducing my asking price to $1,000, and am open to reasonable offers. I can also deliver them up to roughly an hour + from New Brunswick NJ.

They are probably in 7/10 condition. There is a small area where the fabric needs to be reglued, and one dust cap is indented.

All drivers work well.

Nice to look around here again!

Mike
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Welcome Back!

My best tip is to clean them up and take shots if every side and note any damage.

Best of luck!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Big Dawg
    A great tip, of course. I'll try to put better/cleaner pictures up when I get back home.

Thanks for the welcome.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    No need. PM Sent.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Dang. I need a back up pair as I contemplate my upgrade journey on my current SRS's! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • xsmi
    Well, I need a 9hr trip each way.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • verb
    ^^^^^ That's why I, we all love you John! :smile: Hope you're feeling better brah!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Have you two sorted it out yet? These need a good home.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Big Dawg
    xsmi wrote: »
    No need. PM Sent.

Replied.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    What??
    @verb didn't buy them already?!?!?!?!? :p;)
  • verb
    Have you two sorted it out yet? These need a good home.

I’m not that well versed in the flint lock mechanism. So I humbly stand down and defer to the gentleman. :smile:
  • nooshinjohn
    Al might have some interest after tonight.,, :p Scubalab is a good dude.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • xsmi
    I’ve been quiet, because, I’m just awaiting PayPal information. 😁
  • Big Dawg
    I’ve been quiet, because, I’m just awaiting PayPal information. 😁

Info sent. Pending payment, these are sold!
  • xsmi
    Payment sent!😁
  • verb
    Payment sent!😁

Congrats! You're gonna love em! :smile:
  • Big Dawg
    These are sold! Congrats xsmi!
  • nooshinjohn
    Are they picked up or in long term storage like Russ does?

• xsmi

I can't get there until next month. LOL
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

Rookie.....
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186

Amature!😉😝😂
  • nooshinjohn

Hack...

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Get 'im, boys!

Hack...

Amature!😉😝😂