Which is better

Gary Robertson
Gary Robertson Posts: 201
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Which would be a better car speaker for me, the polks 5 and 1/4 or Pyle 5 and 1/4 i'm gonna plug an Alpine CD plyer into them and run on the back deck were the factoy speakers are.
System #2
Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
System #1:
Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
Post edited by Gary Robertson on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    pyle:
    "**** box"- MacLeod
    "sony is in the ranks along with pyle" -Cody
    "i don't associate with companies that deal in pyle" - MTXMAN
    "pyle is a pyle of ****" - Cody again

you get the idea.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2004
    Polk or Pyle?

That's like comparing a Corvette to a Chevette!

Polk, hands down.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    something seems wrong here -- it's almost like a "joke" post -- the guy lists Adcom among his already owned equipment -- now whether its home or car is irrelevant to the fact that people who buy Adcom ought know better than to even think of pyle.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • jamas33
    jamas33 Posts: 89
    edited March 2004
    Yeah? I have a hard time trying to decide whether to get Focals or Kraco speakers for my car.. and on the amp to power them. I was thinking either Lanzar or McIntosh. Please help me
    Equipment List:
    Head Unit: Kenwood Excelon XXV-005
    Planet Audio P13.3
    Ipod 60 GB
    XBox
    AMPS:
    Kicker KX1200.1
    Kicker KX850.4
    Speakers:
    Front: Kicker RS65
    Rear: Kicker RS65
    Rear Deck: Pioneer 4x10 (AAARGH)
    Subs: 2 Kicker 15L7

my car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/571313
  • Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited March 2004
    Therewas a salesman in a little store tryingto tell my that pyles were the top notch speaker for the car and they were equal to eclipse and polk and alpine speakers and even better than blauplunkt
    Now by that time i was having a good time trying not to laugh and carrying on with him and playing dumb--i told him that i was going to buy the best in the world and that was Rampage by audiovox. and he told me that the pyles were a much better speaker all around and then i said i'll be back to buy them.. ha,ha,ha,ha... I actually got polks for the front and eclipse for the rear powered by Alpine with a phoenix gold mp a JL subwoofer set up...
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".