Les Claypool & Sean Lennon Collaboration

NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,572
edited March 2016 in Music & Movies
Les Claypool (Primus, Les Claypool Frog Brigade, Sausage, etc) and Sean Lennon (John Lennon - might remember his dad) have been "throwing musical pasta at the wall" under the name The Claypool Lennon Delirium. Here's a song.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-les-claypool-sean-lennons-raw-new-psych-pop-duo-20160120

I'm a huge Les Claypool fan but what do you all think of this?

afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Comments

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,379
    Not to.shabby
  • Like it. Better than Nancy Sinatra! :)
    Thanks for posting NF.
    Studio 2 equipment;
    Yamaha a-s2100 Amp, CD-2100 CD player, T-S500 tuner
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth p3esr, Polk RT7
    Cables: Aural Harmony Sonnet Interconnect II, WireWorld Equinox 7 speaker,
    Black Cat silverstar 75 ohm digital, Signal Digital Power Cord, PS Audio Perfect Wave AC-3,
    Pangea SE14, Voltz supplied interconnects
    Optional: Arcam DV88 DVD/CD (HDCD) player, Polk SDS-400 speakers
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,091
    Was going to see Saber Tooth Tiger w/ his GF, but I couldn't make it at the last minute. Interesting stuff.
  • pumpkinmanpumpkinman Posts: 7,091
    Like it. Better than Nancy Sinatra! :)
    Thanks for posting NF.

No picking on my gal Nancy !!
    Bad Red Bad Red
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • striderstrider Posts: 2,569
    Hell of a lot better then I thought it was going to be. Wasn't certain how Sean Lennon was going to fit in the equation, but based off of that one song I'd buy it.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,572
    edited April 2016
    For those that might be interested you can now preorder their album, releases June 3rd.

2 LP set - $22
    http://clubbastardo.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=297_81310&pc=OLLP18

CD - $12
    http://clubbastardo.shop.musictoday.com/Product.aspx?cp=297_81310&pc=OLCD33
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,572
    Here's another song

• HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 534
    I am going to try to make it to the show in June.

http://theorangepeel.net/events/claypool-lennon-delirium/
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
    Preamplifier: Parasound P5
    Amplifier: Vincent SP-331
    CDP: Denon 1520
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB
    Benched: Parasound A23
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,428
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Here's another song

Listening to this on a pair of SDA's would be phenominal!
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,880
    Thanks, @Nightfall, LOVE those songs!

They're coming to our amphitheater in Wilmington in June. Should be an unpredictable and fun show. I've never seen him or any of the related bands, so I'm expecting the unexpected. Ordering the LP this morning.
    Den: Rega RP6 * AT33PTGII * Budgie SUT * Jolida jd9 * Roon (Sonic Transporter) * PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Sunfire Signature II * PSAudio Power Plant 3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2
    Office: Roon * Sonore UltraRendu (LPS-1, WW Plat7, Iso Regen, Lush) * ProJect Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * PSA Dectet * DH Labs Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354
    Beach: Music Hall MMF5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Lounge Copla/LCRIII * W4S Sonos * Schiit Yggdrasil * Belles 20a Pre * First Watt F5 Clone * PSA Dectet * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl
  • JPeteJPete Posts: 292
    I haven't been to Bonnaroo in a long time, but this show would probably make it worth the hassle of dealing with the dirty hippie/frat boy mixture. Primus at Bonnaroo way back when is still one of my favorite shows ever.

Anyone here have the Oysterhead album? Another good Claypool project, in my opinion.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,618
    edited April 2016
    I prefer John's other son, Julian over Sean by a wide margin. To bad they can't stand each other thanks to the wicked witch of the east... I think that would have made an awesome collaboration.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,880
    JPete wrote: »
    Anyone here have the Oysterhead album? Another good Claypool project, in my opinion.
    Yep, oustanding, 5 stars. Interesting super-group that I'd really like to see more from.
    Den: Rega RP6 * AT33PTGII * Budgie SUT * Jolida jd9 * Roon (Sonic Transporter) * PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Sunfire Signature II * PSAudio Power Plant 3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2
    Office: Roon * Sonore UltraRendu (LPS-1, WW Plat7, Iso Regen, Lush) * ProJect Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * PSA Dectet * DH Labs Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354
    Beach: Music Hall MMF5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Lounge Copla/LCRIII * W4S Sonos * Schiit Yggdrasil * Belles 20a Pre * First Watt F5 Clone * PSA Dectet * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl
  • JPeteJPete Posts: 292
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    JPete wrote: »
    Yep, oustanding, 5 stars. Interesting super-group that I'd really like to see more from.

I saw them play a show, coincidentally at Bonnaroo.. Claypool must love that festival. Anyway, the live show was nearly note for note repeat of the album. Rather disappointing considering the members. It was still really cool to see them, and Les did bring out the bend-a-neck standup bass which is always interesting.

Copeland is getting up there in age. I bet it's tough to keep up on drums with guys like Trey and Les when you're in your 60's. Doubtful that they will be doing anything together again, but that would be awesome.
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends
  • HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 534
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    I am going to try to make it to the show in June.

http://theorangepeel.net/events/claypool-lennon-delirium/

Bad news, not sure if I'm going to make this show. I work the same day and my brother graduates the day after. He's a six hour drive from me. I'd have to burn the candle from both ends to accomplish those two days. .
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
    Preamplifier: Parasound P5
    Amplifier: Vincent SP-331
    CDP: Denon 1520
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB
    Benched: Parasound A23
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,842
    861ffle310fc.jpg
    dmfy27n2lbbv.jpg
    Just added the second album from this collaboration South Of Reality
    The first one never gets old the second release is just as good and is highly recommended great music for the SDA's. If you liked the first one your going to love South Of Reality.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)