VAC Standard LE with phono

Options
doctor r
doctor r Posts: 837
edited March 2016 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Beautiful tube preamp by Valve Amplification Company(VAC) of Sarasota, FL. This is the Limited Edition (LE) version with upgraded parts. Tube compliment: 2 -12au7 and 4 -12ax7s. The MM phono section is outstanding and I also have the VAC DeVinyl SUT as a separate item to be sold if you want full MC capabilities. The power supply is separate (and heavy) in order to isolate any produced interference. The condition is 8/10 with one small paint chip on the back side of the black with gold metal flake faceplate. There is a remote for volume and mute only. I will be sending to VAC for a performance review and to have one simple repair prior to it arriving at the future owners. The preamp should mute automatically when turned on and presently is not. The mute works from the faceplate control and the remote control and the sound is excellent. Kevin Hayes and the entire VAC outfit are amazing and will gladly address any of their products if there is a time that repairs are needed. I recommend the VAC sourced Chinese 12ax7s in the phono section. The other 12ax7s are the cathode followers and the 12au7s shape the music most. The manual is still available on VACs website for all specifications.
vac-amps.com/manuals/Manual_Standard_Pre_LE.pdf
Original box, copy of manual, and remote included.

Forum price: $1950.00 shipped in continental US. Will be shipped from VAC to buyer.

Front
hkcyo6lxdbx5.jpg
Back
cgxf8sjfarg9.jpg
Pre, Power supply, cables
ey29g49vmllx.jpg
Inside
lc0e5j2o73b5.jpg

Chip in back edge of faceplate
0dwc78eol9km.jpg
integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
server Wolf Alpha 3SX
phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
speakers Rockport Mira II
cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
rack Adona Eris 6dw
ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
Post edited by doctor r on

Comments