NAD C542 CDP

Options
I've been the sole owner on this, bought new in 2003. Looks practically new (I can send pics to an email address), with remote/box/manual (even the little red "plug" that goes into the bottom for transport). I've never used the digital outs, I've also never messed with the laser inside. There are discussions on-line about turning it up to make it work better but it's not a long term solution.

For the last couple of years it's been acting up at the worst possible times. Since my time is so extremely limited to actually listen to music it's been an irritation, to say the least. Sometimes it works like usual, other times it won't read a disc and tends to skip out of blue on songs (not very often, weird). When it gives me fits I would cycle the power button a couple of times and that would work, sometimes. At others I would just shut if off, a couple days later turn it back on and it would work again. I'm sure it's the laser problems everyone has read about as it's one of the earlier production models. When it works it always sounds as good as when I bought it new.

The catch?, it's "free" if you are willing to pay shipping. I figured someone on here would like it just to mess with. Will it work right away when you get it? Who knows, you might have to fiddle with it. It might work right away then two weeks later? I know they sell new laser assemblies but don't know the exact one.

If nobody wants it maybe I'll actually do something with it, maybe I'll toss it, I don't know. Right now, when I can, I'm enjoying the tunes "all the time"...
Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Awesome karma. Hope somebody or yourself can fix it.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    I had one with the same issue. A forum member fixed it. This is a great player and HDCD's sound fantastic. Send me a shipping quote to 28601. Thanks!
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If conradicles passes, I'll take it. I have an extra kss-213 that will fix it.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Shipping quote coming through a pm, Dave second in line...
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    I will take it thanks!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Wow, going to a good home.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • smglbrth
    Options
    "Given", going out on Monday...
  • michael1947
    Options
    Nice karma, I already have a couple in the walking wounded arena.
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.
  • smglbrth
    Options
    I figured it doesn't owe me a thing after all these years. It is a nice machine and will be missed, a little. New toys are always fun...