Who will be watching the Grammy awards tonight?

Options
My wife will be watching but I have no interest all in the show at all. IMHO, the show is a waste of time.

Comments

• motorhead43026
    Options
    Not me....lol.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Zero interest.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    The only reason would be to see the remaining members of the Eagles paying tribute to Glenn Frey if only I knew how far into the show it is. That would be the only reason for us to tune in.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    The only reason would be to see the remaining members of the Eagles paying tribute to Glenn Frey if only I knew how far into the show it is. That would be the only reason for us to tune in.

Called a DVR dude. Record it and FF thru the stupid ****...
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Yeah probably just watch it on. You tube tomorrow.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Homey don't do TV
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    sgtmick63 wrote: »
    My wife will be watching but I have no interest all in the show at all. IMHO, the show is a waste of time.

Ditto.....anything else need be said ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    When the masses considered Kayne West talented, I gave up on the grammys.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    When the masses considered Kayne West talented, I gave up on the grammys.

Now he's broke

http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/02/15/kanye-west-reveals-hes-53-million-debt-asks-mark-zuckerberg-money
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    GOOD!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    He can't keep up with the Kardashian's.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,127
    Options
    No, I very much doubt that the Who will be watching.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    Watched it with the wife, it was worth it to just watch Hollywood Vampires burn the house down, and their tribute to Lemmy...
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Didn't watch the show, but saw the video of her tribute to David Bowie, and she was great. Plus she nailed the National Anthem at the Stupid Bowl. I don't remember a better performance of it than hers. I love that woman.

http://www.grammy.com/videos/watch-the-lady-gaga-intel-performance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tyqkN3zezso

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Watched it with the wife, it was worth it to just watch Hollywood Vampires burn the house down, and their tribute to Lemmy...

That is an interesting group. Would have never known about it had you not posted.

Alice Cooper, Joe Perry, and ..... Johnny Depp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqX2ggAg6dU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54Qk-nIVytU
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • BlueFox
    Options
    Buy their CD. All tracks are great.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Didn't watch the show, but saw the video of her tribute to David Bowie, and she was great. Plus she nailed the National Anthem at the Stupid Bowl. I don't remember a better performance of it than hers. I love that woman.

http://www.grammy.com/videos/watch-the-lady-gaga-intel-performance

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tyqkN3zezso

Agreed, I have been a fan of hers since her first album..

Haters will hate, but that girl has got talent..

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Nope. Tired of the political activism from the left we have to endure with all of these award shows. It just can't be about entertainment anymore.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • sgtmick63
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more Steve. Also, do you think that Jackson Browne could take over for Glenn if they do go back on tour?
  • steveinaz
    Options
    sgtmick63 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with you more Steve. Also, do you think that Jackson Browne could take over for Glenn if they do go back on tour?

I did catch a few moments of the Glenn Fry thing on the news---Jackson Browne is holding up pretty good.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Saw Jackson Browne last year, most disappointing concert I had ever been to.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    Appropriate commentary by Ice Cube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN92b6VQln0
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • steveinaz
    Options
    Who da thunk Ice Cube would be the voice of sanity. I knew I liked that guy.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Ice Cube is smarter than he looks.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    Options
    Straight Out of Compton with attitude.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    I saw some of the last hour or so. Honestly, I didn't care for LadyGaga's tribute to Bowie, thought Adele sounded like she was straining to hit some notes. I didn't care for The Hollywood Vampires, it was embarrassing and the sound mix sounded horrible on Comcast. Honestly, it sounded like someone's guitar was out of tune and some bg vocals didn't help things. Whoever was doing the sound engineering needs to be fired.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This tech issue was classic. Piano mic falls onto strings. If you really care about how it sounds, stop, apologize, go to a commercial and reboot it right.

bcove.me/xp1qygem
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Sad Sad production
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    It's just a TV show, not an SACD, DVD-A, Vinyl, or a Hi-Rez Download..

Granted I agree for the most part these shows suck, but I don't go into it looking to nit pick the sound quality, I'm sure it sounded a lot different there as well..

When you step outside in the spring do you listen to the birds singing thinking man these birds sound out of tune today??