Polk LSiM 703 tweeter

Hi there, new Polk owner here having some issues with one of my LSiM 703's radiator tweeter. I can hear distortion, almost a static sound I guess coming from the tweeter when certain sounds are played in movies/games. Not sure what exact frequency this happens at but I've been able to replicate the issue by shooting a blaster in a Star Wars game. Just wondering if anyone knows if the tweeter can be replaced? I've been able to remedy the problem by simply sticking my finger lightly on the tweeter, and the distortion goes away until removed. Not sure if this is the right spot for this kind of thing, just thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows the availability on parts for this speaker (i'm in Canada)

Thanks for your time

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited February 2016
    Yes, it can be replaced, but you'll have to contact one of the Canadian rep's to get the part.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    F1nut wrote: »
    Yes, it can be replaced, but you'll have to contact one of the Canadian rep's to get the part.

The national sales manager for Polk in Canada is Walter Moser, you can email him at Walter.Moser@soundunited.com with a phone number of 1-877-660-6601