hdtracks

Options
looking to snag a few songs off of here to try out with my new cans, are the remasters on here any good? i wanna get some bowie, because the "best of bowie" cd i bought last year sounds like a cheap remaster. thanks in advance.
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Led Zeppelin II was great.
    I always liked Black Sabbath Planet Caravan thru headphones. (album only)
    I guess I would look for stuff that has been remastered for
    the hi-res market...
    I've been thinking of putting together a list of great headphone tunes.
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    Options
    the chili peppers albums on there are all listed as being available in audiophile 96/34 or 192/24, that seems to imply that they have been, or am i mistaken? some of the bowie albums are listed as remasters, although when i view each album individually, most tracks say 2012 remaster, 2015 remaster, etc. i didnt see if they said audiophile or not, i'll check.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    HDTracks.com is an EXCELLENT site for getting some great hi rez downloads. It's run by the Chesky brothers of Chesky Records fame. You can also try superhirez.com which is run by Chad Kassem's Acoustics Sounds. I've gotten some great music off of both sites. HDTracks FINALLY has DSD downloads, although nowhere near as many as superhirez,because they had a huge head start.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    Options
    HDtracks is fine, and Chesky recordings are amazing, but be careful on older "hi-rez" versions. Some are remasters and some are only upsampled, so do your homework. I would trust any Chesky label recording though, and even their 44.1/16 recordings are superior.