Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus vs. Parasound Zdac v2

Folks,
Which would you choose for computer as source and Focal Alpha 80 as powered monitors?

Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus:
https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/hifi-and-home-cinema/dacmagic-plus

Parasound Zdac v2:
http://www.parasound.com/zdac-v2.php

Focal Alpha 80:
eddybn5vfp0u.jpg

I will have a very small dedicated audio room in the basement. Near field is the best option for this room, and I will use room treatments.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Decided to go with the Focal Alpha 50 and Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus. Room treatments from ATC.

Now I have to figure out which isolation devices for the monitors. Happy New Year!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Isoacouatic stands or Auralex Gramma pads if on a flat shelf, otherwise I'd look at Skylan Stands....

If not for falling into a pair of Sanus Ultimate Foundations, that's what I'd have right now.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Conradicles
    Thanks Enders...IsoAcoustic that match the same size as the Alpha 50 will be my choice. Happy new year!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Thanks Enders...IsoAcoustic that match the same size as the Alpha 50 will be my choice. Happy new year!

Cool! As a FYI they also make some for subs, should you need one for your basement setup with that 18" Stereo Integrity sub. Might need 2 of them, but it would save your tile or laminate flooring (forget which you have).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Conradicles
    Nah, the sub is good. The ATS panels are what I really need. That room has horrible acoustics.