where does sub go?

Hey guys,I'm stuck,speakers are SRT system,I'm trying to use my elite vsx-32 as a preamp,connected to a denon 3805,which has pre-ins. ...only one SRT sub works(I have to repair the other),however,it works fine when just hook up to the denon,by itself,as do all the other channels,but then when I plug the vsx in,all channels work,except the sub,I use ext.in on the denon,run the rca from vsx subout to SW in on denon,and the use denon subwoofer pre out to the sub.......and settings on small on the denon,and when I try to set them to small on the vsx,the sub is greyed out,like there isn't one.,the lfe shows up on the tree on the vsx,but no sound,I've tried other combinations of rca,but nothing works!any body encounter anything like this?

Comments

• The subwoofer should be connected to the SRT controller.
  • Ken,Thanks,the family member that gave these to me is still looking for the controller,so for right now,i have to live with just using the receiver for (bass)volume adjustment..........but i still need to get a signal to it for now,i need the vsx in there for hdmi,if i could find a controller i would gladly pay,but i dont see any for sale,anywhere!......hope my uncle can find the damn thing!
  • I understand, however the SRT controller is paramount for the system to work properly. Not only does it provide a way to control the bass level but it produces the SDA signal that is sent to the SDA components in each speaker tower.
    In the meantime you should be able to send a sub-out signal from any surround sound processor to each of the bass amplifiers. Probably the lowest frequency on the low pass filter setting would be a good place to start.
  • Yeah
    What he said