Polk RTI A9 Home Theatre setup - Power Amp Crown XLS 2002 vs Emotiva xpa-2

Options
124»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,910
    Options
    Eh, with Ribbon tweets....it's like everything else in audio, different kinds of quality and integration. Hearing one or two sets of Ribbons can't disqualify the others. Kinda like hearing one series in a brand of audio gear and saying you don't like the whole brand in general.

I know what you guys are sayin' though. You don't want the top and bottom portions of the speaker to be so separated and noticeable. Yet, at the same time you don't want to have everything so mashed up together you can't tell any separation of instruments in the soundstage.

Some manufacturers seem to over emphasize one or the other, top or bottom. Too forward or too laid back. It's actually more difficult finding that right combo than some may think. Depends on your tastes too, application, blah blah. I guess that's why we have such a variety eh ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    To JCSound: make & model of that tweeter? Looks like a Vifa XT19TD00
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • JCsound
    Options
    It has been a while.....the tweeters I used are Tymphany XT25SC90-04.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,524
    Options
    Different implementations of technologies can yield different sounds. I have heard ribbon tweeters and lived with them in the past, but I would not guess to say that's what Raidho sounds like or infer based on my prior experiences.

I think there could be a disconnect, but I'm sure the overall design and implementation can compensate for such.

Just my 2 cents.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound