It's heeeeerrrrrrreeeeee......

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,521
edited March 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Parasound amplifier....$1000
Audioquest Granites.....$285
Musical Fidelity @ $620.....priceless!
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited March 2004
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2004
    That's some neat feet on your cd player.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited March 2004
    Sweet! Tell us how they sound. Is that MF a pre or int?

Maurice
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by fireshoes
    That's some neat feet on your cd player.

I put cones under my 2900 and every few weeks I have to re-center it in the center of the the rack:D The dual cs+ subs are brutal.

1/4Twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by PolkWannabie
    I hope I was right about the condition he kept it in ...

Perfect condition, I can't find any flaws despite the Horrid way it was packed...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    Dare I also say that you have maxed out the performance of the Athena's.

It will be a loooooong time before the Athena's go anywhere. With every upgrade I do, I see more and more why they were a Stereophile recommended speaker. They just get better as the equipment gets better.

The only speaker I would consider would be the Paradigm Studio 100's.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited March 2004
    I assume you like the MF, I really enjoy mine. Did you get the remote issue settled?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • steveinaz
    edited March 2004
    He bought and is sending a new remote when it comes in. This is my first MF piece, though I've been looking at it for some time--just was alot more than I wanted to pay. When this one came along at less than 1/2 retail, I had to go for it.

I'm down with the flu right now, so needless to say my ears are "tweaked" at the moment---but what I can hear correctly sounds stunning.
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited March 2004
    I'm sure the more you listen the less you'll think about the money spent. ;)

I just dream of the day when I can upgrade my speakers to some B&W's or something.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited March 2004
    I had a mighty fine demo of some CDM 7NT's. The only area they lacked in was the bass. In which case I'd probably go with the 9NT's if I could afford them. I also had a chace to listen to the CM4 and was quite impressed as well. I mostly listen to more mellow music and I'm sure the B&W's would do a fantastic job.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.