CPAP - anyone use one?

Options
13»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    Options
    Staring at a PC monitor all day has that effect Cathy. Decouple yourself from that screen and walk around, do something a bit more active if you can to break it up.

Sleep disorders are usually a sign of something more serious going on yet to be found or admitted to. Such as excessive drinking, eating habits, lack of exercise....poor health in general. Smokers usually always snore, they are trained to breath threw their mouth and not their nose. That carries itself into breathing as they sleep. Throat dries out, snoring entails....beating from the wife over the head to stop snoring follows.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Staring at a PC monitor all day has that effect Cathy. Decouple yourself from that screen and walk around, do something a bit more active if you can to break it up.

Sleep disorders are usually a sign of something more serious going on yet to be found or admitted to. Such as excessive drinking, eating habits, lack of exercise....poor health in general. Smokers usually always snore, they are trained to breath threw their mouth and not their nose. That carries itself into breathing as they sleep. Throat dries out, snoring entails....beating from the wife over the head to stop snoring follows.

Counterpoint, Tony. My ex-wife was a two cig a day smoker and had a deviated septum in the schnozz. Terrible sounds eminated from that noggin at night.
    We got her fixed up and breathing right at night.
    She didn't know how bad it was.
    We, as the male gender, are not exclusive to the nocturnal nasal rumblings.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

It doesn't make a bit of difference Tony, especially at 10:00 in the morning. I could drop off anywhere at any time. 7:00 in the morning going into work on the train, I could feel my phone that I'm reading on AND listening to music on start to slip out of my hand!

Other than being over weight, and not getting enough exercise, I'm fairly healthy. I'm hoping that now that my energy is coming back, I'll be able to get a bit more exercise.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,524
    Options
    Glad you got a cpap cathy, take care of yourself.

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Or in some cases, you have a genetically deformed airway that causes your airway to close off when you become completely relaxed. I had something like 45 incidents per hour. My brother even more. My biological mother, similar to my brother and my sister, slightly lower than me. Our mother is obese.
    I was but had gastric sleeve surgery and dropped 110lbs (still losing) but was retested after dropping 100 or so lbs and was still just as bad.
    Even my former boss who was very active, never a smoker, not a heavy drinker and was rail thin suffered from sleep apnea because of a malfrmed airway. He even had a corrective surgery which failed to resolve the issue.

Yes, overweight/smokers/drinkers tend to be more susceptible but it isn't the only causes.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    If you are dragging around with no energy, or find yourself falling asleep at inopportune moments, then don't wait! Get tested and get one.

Thanks Cathy. I'm somewhere in between. Dragging some days but not falling asleep at my desk. I'll have to think about this one.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
  • Stew
    Stew Posts: 645
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    The Audioquest wels are my new best friend

Maybe I'll tell the wife I need some of these for sleep apnea.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605