I'm faced with a tough decision, and I need help.

Options
2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Yeah, you can do that. I've got a set of MIT bi-wires hooked up to 2BTL's at my dad's house, no issues.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Options
    Wow mikeyb128, you've been going through a lot of equipment! I am not gonna pay any attention and I will just be happy with my polks...for now lol. My buddy used to run focal in his car years ago and they used to sound great! Glad you are enjoying this addicti...ummm..hobby :p
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    I used to sell Focal.EXCELLENT loudspeakers that!
    Polks will get you a good portion of what the Focals offer for a lot less money. However admittedly Polk is not in the same league. I just CANNOT let go of my dearly beloved SDA sound. Outside of Carver Sonic Holograms there just ain't nothing like it out there!
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    Polks will get you a good portion of what the Focals offer for a lot less money. However admittedly Polk is not in the same league. I just CANNOT let go of my dearly beloved SDA sound. Outside of Carver Sonic Holograms there just ain't nothing like it out there!

I would love to get my ears on some SDA's one day.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mikeyb128
    Options
    gurot1 wrote: »
    Wow mikeyb128, you've been going through a lot of equipment! I am not gonna pay any attention and I will just be happy with my polks...for now lol. My buddy used to run focal in his car years ago and they used to sound great! Glad you are enjoying this addicti...ummm..hobby :p

Haven't gone through too much. Had my lsi set up for 4 years. The lsim's only for a year. Going on 5 with my sunfire. As for cables I have tried quite a few over the past few years. I've found Nordost a good pairing with focal. Adds to the detail. I will probably end up keeping the shot gun s1's and a pair of magnums. Thin the heard a bit.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mikeyb128
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »

I would love to get my ears on some SDA's one day.

Your welcome into my house any time to hear mine, not the top of the line but man they amaze.

The girl friend has family there. I will take you up on that offer. Maybe bring some 705's out there for ya one day :wink:
    2 channel:
    Theater: