My lawnmower threw a rod

Options
2»

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    I did look at Jack's but I gotta get measurements on what I have. They have a ton of stuff and likely will have something that works. I only yanked mine out last weekend and this Kentucky trip is throwing a wrench in the works. I'm broke right now anyway until I get reimbursed for this trip. But depending on how an engine ends up getting to me from Jack's, I might not save anything over a local place due to freight charges or gas and toll money getting to Jack's.

There's a local dealer near me too who seems to have decent prices and is advertising year-end clearances as well on their Facebook page. Guy's name is Pegg and he's been there for years. His nephew was in the Boy Scouts with me too so he knows me. So I might be able to grab a new 2015 engine on the cheap especially since B&S and Kohler both have new tech coming out for 2016 and he'll be wanting to clear inventory. A huge amount of his business comes from commercial service 'cause he offers service contracts and has a pile of commercial clients he maintains equipment for.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • littlewoodboats
    Options
    What is the model number and power rating of the drt engine? I have an engine sitting in the corner of my shop that could be what you are looking for. The one here has been stripped for parts but what you would need is still here should it be the same engine.