Cyber Monday laptop deals?

Options
Throwing around the idea of buying a new laptop. Something cheap, absolutely has to be less than $500. Prefer the 3-400 range. Will be used primarily for browsing and watching videos off my GoPro.

Thoughts on this one?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-Satin-Gold-15.6-Satellite-L55D-C5318-Laptop-PC-with-AMD-A10-8700P-Quad-Core-Processor-12GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10-Home/46785065

Thanks fellas!
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it

Comments

• gumbay13
    gumbay13 Posts: 360
    Options
    Quad core proc + 12GB of memory + 1TB of hdd + Webcam + DVD Burner + Windows 10, now that is an impressive list of specs for the price!!

Time was when you could not get something like this for less than a grand!

Having never owned a Toshiba, I cannot speak to its reliability which has to be considered as well.
    AMP/Pre Pro: Outlaw 7000x, Marantz AV7703
    Speakers: Fronts:LSiM 705s/ Center: LSiM 706c / Surrounds: LSim 703s
    SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2
    Source:OPPO UDP-203
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    Good features! Toshibas are pretty good machines, the only thing I don't like about them is their sound cards. Not the best for AUDIO. I prefer Lenovos there. But the lower end Lenovos have a Sxxty track-pad.

Can't argue with 12 GB of memory and 1 TB of HDD.
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I used a couple Toshiba's for field laptops never had and issue. You shouldn't have any issues
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Options
    Thanks fellas. I was holding out for something a little cheaper, but couldn't find anything. There was another Toshiba on amazon that was close, but not quite. Wal-Mart also had the cheapest drops/spills warranty. I normally don't get those, but since the reason we're getting a laptop is because my 10 month old (at the time) dropped the last one, I figured it'd be a good investment.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Sounds like a deal Cody, WalMart has been hurting financially for about 10 or 11 months now, they could use the business. :)