Pictures Of The Truck

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok guys, I just took these pics today. So you FINALLY get to see how mean 4 amps looks in a truck.
I'm going to post all the pics I have of the system...
I'll get 2 more pics up soon. One of the Pioneer DEH-940MP head unit, and the other of what it looks like when I have my back seat in. But for now here they are...I hope it doesn't take too long to load for us poor guys with dial-up.
These are Kenwood eXcelon 4x6s.
531337_2_full.jpg
This is a picture of them in the extended cab area of the truck with the panels off.
531337_1_full.jpg
Here's with the panels on.
531337_7_full.jpg
This is a picture of my MM6 component system on the driver's door. The tweeter is flush mounted in the sail panel.
531337_3_full.jpg
Close up of the crossover and mid-woofer on the passenger side.
531337_4_full.jpg
Close up of the tweeter. The LED light on the dash goes to my crappy Barracuda alarm system.
531337_5_full.jpg
Here's a picture of the old MM120s before I got the MM12s. The amp hooked up to the RF 1.0 capacitor is a RF Power BD1000.1. It ended up dying on me last summer(2003). The other amp is a RF Power 500.2 which powers my components.
531337_6_full.jpg
Here's the "after" picture with the MM12s. It's in the same box and I also added the MOMO grilles.
531337_8_full.jpg
Here's the new AND IMPROVED back wall where the amps are. I've hidden all the wires except for the power and ground wires. The distribution block you see is where all my grounds are connected too. Left to right: RF Power 350S for the eXcelons, RF Power 550S for the sub on the passenger side, RF 1.0 Farad Capacitor, RF Power 550S for the sub on the driver side, RF Power 500.2 for the MM6 components.
531337_9_full.jpg
Another angle.
531337_10_full.jpg

that's all for now...

I do have another RF 1.0 Farad capacitor that I will install sometime soon(just for you Thomas, the extra weight helps keep my truck down so I won't have a high center of gravity going too fast around corners). It'll be installed as soon as Vince can find the charger for it and send it to me. I also need to change the ground wire from the capacitor to the ground distribution block to blue to keep everything the same color, and finally, to screw in the ground distribution block to the wall.

Future upgrades:
2 Adire Brahma 10" subs
OR
2 Image Dynamics 10" subs

CDT 3-way components in the front
CDT 2-way components in the rear

USAmp's for everything

Second Skin sound deadening for the entire truck.

Questions? Comments?
And if you don't like it, then F*** off...no really...lol
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• slim
    slim Posts: 69
    edited March 2004
    looks pretty nice ;). the way u set the amp wall up looks awesome, all the blue wires especially. but that white wire has to go! it looks pretty good, but when i get mine together (with the help of your advice) mine will be better :D jk. it looks pretty good. good luck on the upgrades, those cdt's are pretty pricey :cool: , i wish i could get the money to get a couple pairs of em :(!
    -Matt
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    cody -- i gotta tell u - that back wall looks fkin badass man! GREAT JOB -- i can't say it enough -- GREAT! JOB!... i even like how u had enough sense to have the blue power wire angled equally on the top on each side -- makes it look well designed.

DAMN FINE WORK !
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2004
    Thank you:D
    I'm very proud...lol
    so vince, youre going to take some pics of the ram before you sell it RIGHT?
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2004
    Nice job Cody! Makes me want to go rip out all my **** and reinstall it! Mine isnt that fancy yet, but then again Ive just got my "interim" budget system in there for now. :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2004
    Yeah, that looks pretty slick! I would have used tan carpeting instead of gray though. Make it match the rest of the truck. I'd take pictures of mine but there isn't anything to see. Just go look at any other F-150 interior and that's what mind looks like. Just picture a pair of db tweeters surface mounted over the door grilles.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    dude i'm havin no luck sellin this fkin truck...

and what's pissin me off more is i realized that by going with a dakota SXT i'm downgrading severely... a brand new truck of what i got now is like 30,000 ... the dakota is only 16. its smaller, weaker, and generally not as ballsy. but it does have a stick.

and trying to get 10 for my truck is like pullin blood from a stone! argh! the only people that want it dont have the **** money to pay me!
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2004
    it took me forever...hiding all the wires was a royal pain in the ****
    but the end result looks cool
    its pretty hard to measure everything up to get it to fit right
    i did an ok job
    the 2 amps on the right are closer together than the 2 amps on the left, and theres more space b/t the wall and the left amp than there is b/t the wall and the right amp, but not really noticeable
    just to me i guess
    lol
    the reason why the box is black, is b/c even though its custom made, they make a lot of the same type of boxes by hand, and they all have the same color
    and vince, just think, youre going to save a lot of money on gas
    but good luck selling your truck
    im sure if you keep looking youll get a good price for it
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited March 2004
    Cody,

I don't know if you've really turned those MM12's up very loud yet, but do you have any problems with them hitting the grill? That's the only bad thing I've heard about them, is that sometimes they hit the grill, even at lower levels. I'm planning on getting one of those later this summer, and wanted to make sure I don't have that problem.

-Austin
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2004
    i have problems with the subs hitting the grilles sometimes
    when i had my bd1000, it was worse because i was putting more power to them than i am now
    they actually had a recall on these subs because of them hitting the grille but that was because the cone or something was becoming unglued
    i know thats not the case with mine though
    the first pair i had were mm120s, the ones with the red center
    then i cracked the spider on both of them so i sent them back and got the new mm12s
    they started hitting the grilles, and i knew there was a recall, so i sent those back too
    got these, they still hit the grille
    i dont think the last ones i sent back had anything wrong with em other than i was overpowering them and thats why they were hitting the grille
    im still over powering these by about 80 watts, so thats probably why these are hitting the grille
    if you run them at 500 watts, i doubt youll have a problem
    and if you dont ever listen to rap, i dont think youll have a problem
    the only times mine hit the grilles are with EXTREMELY bassy rap songs
    one of them is one of nelly's songs
    in fact, if you look in the 8th pic from the top, if you look at kind of the inside of the surround you can see little marks from where the grille hits it...someday, when i get a dremel, ill take out the grilles and fix em...
    vince, i thought of something else...it seems like ive seen dakotas before with V8 tags on the side...maybe you can look into that????
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by sntnsupermen131
    you run them at 500 watts, i doubt youll have a problem
    and if you dont ever listen to rap, i dont think youll have a problem
    So what if I DO listen to rap? I really listen to a huge range of music, but I love a good bass-heavy rap song sometimes. Is there some kind of spacer or something I could get or make?
    -Austin
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited March 2004
    well, like i said, if you dont push it more than 500 watts, you wont have a problem
    ive thought about spacers before, but that would not make the grill flush with the box, and i want everything to look as good as possible so i decided against it
    you could always try grilles from other companies
    or just get a dremel or something and shave the momo grill
    -Cody