Jessica Jones on Netflix

Season 1 got released yesterday on Netflix. I'm about half way through the season already and have to say they did a great job with it. While i'm not familiar with the comic books, to me they did a great job with the casting. The first episode didn't completely blow me away, but it picked up steam quickly. The main baddie, Kilgrave, is spot on and quite devious!

Netflix has been doing quite well with their original programming lineup.

Big thumbs up for Jessica Jones!
No excuses!

Comments

• I watched episode one last night...didn't blow me away, but drew enough interest for me to watch episode 2. I can see where it has the potential to get much better as story unfolds.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Also watched episode one last night and totally loved it. Great casting and acting. I don't know anything about the comic book but you don't have to in order to like the show.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    I know a little of Killgrave's background from his first appearance in the Daredevil comic book. He was "the Purple Man" and his skin was purple. Powers were the same as in Jessica Jones but they left the purple skin out. But there's tons of purple shading associated with the show, especially in the intro.

Anyway, it's obviously not a typical super-hero slug fest, which is a big plus. Even for a big Marvel fan like me, it's a welcome change.

Like those above said, great casting. I am on episode 5 and it's gotten very good. Haven't seen much of Killgrave but hate him already. Oh, and Mike Colter as Luke Cage is imposing as he((.

Two thumbs up.
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    I'm up to episode 3 and hooked now, turning into a very interesting show.

Cheers, Roger
  • drselect
    drselect Posts: 664
    Done.
    I really like were Marvell is going with Luke Cage/Jessica Jones/Daredevil.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Great series all the way through. Easily makes the Netflix subscription cost worth it.

As good as Kristen Ritter and Mike Colter were, David Tennant, aka Kilgrave the Purple Man, stole every scene he was in. He plays an evil psycho to perfection but still makes you feel a bit sorry for him.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yea I am about half way through and this may be better than Daredevil, which was maybe my favorite comic book series ever. Highly recommend thus far at least...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer