since Daryl's house got love

leftwinger57
leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
edited November 2015 in Music & Movies
Since we're talking about music shows how about the Joules Holland show Later. This is the best concept for a live music show I had ever seen. There are 5/6 bands in a circle all loaded and ready to play. There are A-listers, up and comers and former greats in the mix. Joules points to the band they play and all the other bands are just grooving to what they are hearing. A-listers do not go on 1st, all have a chance and since Joules Holland is a great piano player sometimes joins in depending on the situation. For me it's on the Palladia channel Thursday nights and you should see it at least once.
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    I'm a fan of Daryl's house - watch the re-runs on VH1 Classic.

Yesterday it was Billy Gibbons and they had a fun toe tapping head bobbin' jam session. Good viewing.

I'll try to catch JH on Palladia - thanks for the tip.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Thanks for the info, Leftwinger! Wasn't aware of Later. Looking forward to watching it.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Palladia is a great channel. They show replays of Joules Holland show along with Live From Daryl's house numerous time throughout the week. The Joules Holland show is definitely diverse. They'll show a new contemporary band and follow it up with an oldie and visa versa. Pretty cool.
  • I could have sworn that I corrected myself. It's later w/ Jools Holland. Thinking this an electronics site at it's heart I got the name spelled wrong. No kidding if your into a new concept of live music you guys have to check out this show.
    One other thing that proves how old I really am. During the summer Palladia channel was running all kinds of festival shows like from Glastonbury or Isle of Wight and am telling you I never heard of about 7/8ths of the bands that were performing. Just give me Hot Tuna,the Stones and even The Who sounded way off. Rodger Daltrey lost at least 2 ocyaves to the lower register and sounded terrible.
    Daryl's house also high on the must watch list a great show.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc