NAD C542 Pre-Review

Options
smglbrth
smglbrth Posts: 1,460
edited March 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
After waiting for almost 2 weeks for the NAD C542 cdp to come in it's finally hooked up.

Initial impressions - (The first one actually came from my wife) Definitely quieter and clearer. After a couple of hours the bass really started to shine. MUCH deeper soundstage, wider as well.
I'm really starting to like this unit very much.

I hooked this up with a new pair of SignalCable Analog V2 IC's so I want to wait a couple of weeks before I give a detailed account.

As for the DVD player?, well, one phrase is starting to come to mind, Jack of all trades but master of none....But..., more on that later.

BTW - I did try and purchase the new(?) CEC 3300 but they stopped making and/or importing them. Although rumor is on the web that a new unit will be coming in late fall.
Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
Post edited by smglbrth on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I don't know whats up with the CEC. I sure hope there wasn't any "problem" though mine has been working great...:confused:
    One website was showing the new "black" version and talking about it arriving in September, but I can't recall what site it was.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I've heard great things about the 542. Can't wait to read your review.

Maurice