FS: Wharfedale Jade 7 towers (1 pair), C2 center (1 unit), and SR surrounds (1 pair) - immaculate

Options
Hi folks, per the thread title, I have Wharfedale's top of the line range speakers and the best of the series for sale (1 PAIR of Jade 7 towers, 1 C2 center, and 1 PAIR of SR surrounds - 5 speakers in total). They are finished in a gorgeous Rosewood real wood veneer. They were purchased brand new from an authorized distributor in mid-2013. The speakers are in immaculate and pristine condition, with very low hours and use. They are located in an adult-only household (just my wife and myself - NO children around), NO smoking, NO pets. In fact, they are placed in an enclosed 11 x 14 den. They are awesome speakers, with outstanding bass response, clarity, and sound stage. The only reason for the sale is that I looking into switching directions with my set-up. The speakers are in superb shape, and in like brand new condition. I am looking for just $3,900 for the entire 5-speaker set-up (they retail for $6,700 brand new), not including shipping, if necessary. I would prefer local pick-up in Central California, but would gladly prepare/box them for shipping. The buyer is responsible for arranging for shipping and insurance. I have all of the original boxes, manuals, and accessories (basically everything that came with the speakers). If interested, please PM me for additional details. Serious inquiries only please, no trade or low-ball offers. Outright sale only. Thank you.

rzbf5hxu7hg6.jpg
k0118wgqmjij.jpg
k7oh9sw855hd.jpg
30usz444jmee.jpg
0gr9o99z1t4z.jpg
c7n5gk4lvilb.jpg
rt9xzpm87cst.jpg
qefclhr4am3b.jpg
woyll3pk3qtn.jpg
1pn3he3ljc3d.jpg
98q68vjpa1a5.jpg
cumjy8k4vspx.jpg
nis56imqtxbe.jpg
8vky1ztsvu3j.jpg
mj7xelmfqfqb.jpg
ni2zyik917rt.jpg

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,014
    Options
    Looks like someone works in a sheet metal shop...

Nice looking speakers GLWTS..
  • brasil
    brasil Posts: 267
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Looks like someone works in a sheet metal shop...

Nice looking speakers GLWTS..

Thank you for the good wishes sir! I did not understand the sheet metal shop comment though, LOL? If you are referring to the center rack, that is a Sanus wall mounted rack with glass shelves. The center channel and electronics are sitting atop some rubber isolation panels that I placed over the glass shelves, in order to damper any possible vibrations from the subwoofer.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 17,014
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I was, and that diamond plate looks like aluminum in the pictures..

But I can see it now!!! :o
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,551
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yeah he's talking about the entertainment center. It looks like its made from diamond plated steel people use for garage walls or inside trailers haul show cars..
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • brasil
    Options
    Thanks guys. No, they are rubber isolation pieces sitting on top of glass shelves. Not steel or aluminum.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I love the Looks of the Jade Series of speakers! GLWTS
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • brasil
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    I love the Looks of the Jade Series of speakers! GLWTS

Thank you! Yes, the Rosewood exotic wood veneer is breathtaking! These are solid speakers. Each tower weighs in at 80 pounds each:)
  • brasil
    Options
    All PM'S answered.  Please provide email addresses for easier and quicker communications.  These are gorgeous and crisp/clear sounding spe
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous and a great price! GLWTS.
  • brasil
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Absolutely gorgeous and a great price! GLWTS.

Thank you sir!
  • brasil
    Options
    I have a question for all you experts. I listed this thread on the AVS Forums and Audioholics as well. am not a member of any other Forums though. Where else can I list this ad for more exposure? I placed an ad on Craigslist as well. Does Audiogon work? It is quite costly to place an ad there though. Any productive input is welcomed. Thank you.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    usaudiomart
    audioasylum

I think you have to sign up for these sites, but they have free listing areas.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • brasil
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    usaudiomart
    audioasylum

I think you have to sign up for these sites, but they have free listing areas.

Thank you!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,964
    Options
    I'm going to offer a bit of advice. The basic premise of this Flea Market is Polkies selling to other Polkies and usually cutting them a price break. It's always been frowned upon to talk about listing elsewhere and definitely not cool to ask where else you can list the item. There's a mind set here that the members want to feel like they are getting an exclusive deal.

Now, what has been acceptable is after the item has been listed here for a period of time, say a week or three with no action, inform the members that you will be listing the item elsewhere by a certain date and generally for a higher price.

A question of curiosity and maybe you know the answer. I have a fairly decent knowledge of wood and that does not appear to be rosewood. I know Jade calls it that, but it looks like cherry to me and I'm not talking about the color. Do you know for certain that it is rosewood and if so, what region it is from?

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• brasil
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ^^^ Hello F1NUT, much like yourself, I have been a member of this Forum (although I do not post much) in good standing for over 10 years, and counting. I posted this thread here on October 8th. I realized that there is not much exposure on this Forum, so I simply asked for advice, and received good ones. Thank you again to those that have helped. I posted these wonderful and lightly/gently used speakers on this Forum for over 40% off retail, which is an outstanding deal, if you ask me. Further, I posted them for the same exact asking price on other Forums as well.

Regarding the wood, I am a wood aficionado myself. I am definitely not going to question the integrity of Wharfedale, and their claim that it is actual Rosewood veneer. As you know, Rosewood comes from different countries and parts of the world, although mostly from South America. They all have different hues, tones, and even color variations; much like Cherry Wood and a few others. Wharfedale offers Cherry Wood as an option, but it is much lighter in color. Although, I have seen Cherry Wood in light hues, others much darker (almost black), some with more red than others, etc... The same applies to Rosewood. Thank you all.
  • brasil
    Options
    Price reduced to $3,700 for the entire set-up. 45% off of retail for basically like-new speakers with very little use. This is an outstanding deal. Thank you.
  • brasil
    Options
    I have readjusted the pricing for these now to $3,500.
  • brasil
    Options
    Thank you for the PM's. I've had interest, but they are still available for the taking. Pricing is now $3200.
  • brasil
    Options
    Replied to additional PM's and emails. A lot of interest, but no one has yet pulled the trigger.
  • brasil
    Options
    I am bringing this one back to the top, after a few buyers committed to the purchase, but failed to follow through. Thank you.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Those are some gorgeous speakers!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • brasil
    Options
  • brasil
    Options
    A lot of commitments, and then last minute "flakes". Selling audio equipment has never been so frustrating for me, and I have sold quite a few items in the past. Pricing now is 3K FIRM for the entire 5-speaker set-up. Buyer pays shipping, if not local. Check shipping rates, PRIOR to committing and possibly wasting both of our times, please. Thank you.
  • PJCV1964
    PJCV1964 Posts: 1
    Options
    How do they compare to Dynaudio Focus speakers?
  • brasil
    Options
    PJCV1964 wrote: »
    How do they compare to Dynaudio Focus speakers?

I am not certain, as I am not familiar, nor have I ever heard them before. These are still available BTW.