Looks like my truck is a lost cause...time to buy another.

Options
2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,623
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Something cheaper....with low miles....

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5248654343.html

Guys this one is a major fraud I have found three on Craigslist in the past three days be very careful google Military/ebay fraud ....here is the response i go after the poster sent me to another email address

the response:

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2004 Ford F150 Lariat Supercab 4x4. Few details about it: Mileage: 67000, Engine: 5.4L V8, Gas, Transmission: Automatic, A/C everything works on it, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clean title free of liens.
    The price on it is $4,000. I am selling this car because I am at the U.S. Offutt Air Force Base, Bellevue, NE 68113 and my unit will be sent overseas in about two weeks. The price is low because I don't want the car to get rusty in my garage and I want a fast sale.
    The car is at the military logistic compound from U.S. Offutt Air Force Base crated and ready to go. Since this is an urgent sale, it will be delivered with all the necessary documents free of charge through the military logistic department to a designated location of your choice, average delivery time is 3-5 business days depending on destination. Don’t worry about the shipping, because I am sending it through the military logistic department for 10 cents per mile and I will pay for it. After you receive the car you will get 5 days testing period, before you decide buy it.
    So if you agree please give me your full name, address and contact number(s) so that eBay can register you as a potential buyer and sent you the terms and conditions.

another one:

Hi again,

Thank you very much. As I've told you, at this moment I am in Offutt AFB, NE in a military base. I do a special training program each day and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or call whenever I want. The reason I'm selling this car way below market value is because don't have time for negotiations and I need money before October 10 for my next house in Anchorage. The car is already at our Offutt Air Force Base Library form Offutt AFB, NE crated and ready to go. Like I already said, the delivery process will be managed by me. I think I can have it there at your home address within 2-3 working days. It will come with a clear title and reg. I am a member of the eBay buyer protection program and using this service you will get a 5 days testing period after delivery. During that 5 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (full name, shipping address and phone number), so we can move forward with this transaction.

MONSTER SCAMS

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options
    $4k for a 2004 F-150? Scam alert for sure. My late 90's Honda Civic is nearly worth that.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,082
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    $4k for a 2004 F-150? Scam alert for sure. My late 90's Honda Civic is nearly worth that.

... not to mention that the Civic's probably worth considerably more than that to a chop shop as parts! :-(
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    I had two sales to out of state people, both real businesses.
    I was able to look them up and verify who they were, with phone numbers.
    But 99.9% of the time out of town deals are out of town scams.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson