stereo shutting off

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
my 6/9s and my subs have ben shuttin off for a couple seconds latly sometimes just my 6/9s and both have amps goin to them?any1 know what the prob might be?i got my stock 6/9s in right now couse my momos are bein sent back for a new pair and my subs are still the gnx 104s with the 1200 watt 1 channel visonik amp
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    if you're playing them at high volumes and the amps aren't well-ventilated, it could be the thermal protection circuit cutting in.

if it's while you're driving, maybe a wire is hitting something metal it shouldn't be, and activating the short protection. or maybe the ground isn't attached very well and is activating the ground protection.

or... no, that's all ive got
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2004
    move your ground, make sure its not loose and has no paint under it...thats usually the first culprit
    -Cody
  • PolkMomoRam
    PolkMomoRam Posts: 13
    edited March 2004
    I'd have to chime in and say its the ground wire also
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2004
    well i moved the amps around and re hooked all the wires up and it dont do it anymore.thx for all the help.now today my girlfriend told me that some people are spost to steal my amp and subs.looks like my polk's are better than his jl w3.o well least i got my system workin.thx for all the help
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2004
    get a shot gun, worked for me once...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2004
    let him steal your girlfriend instead -- women are evil.:(