very very nice of Polk

Options
I had 2 problems w/ my new 6502 driver that I got a month or so ago. I was embarrassed to tell you guys after finding out ways to resolve both issues. First there was no red dot or inscribed + mark to denote the positive side. That can be resolved w/ the battery test. 2nd and more disturbing was the extra rubber near the screw holes that w/ gravity and the tightening of the screws eventually ripped the surround to shreds. After talking to regular customer service they gave me a supervisor and said yes they heard of both issues and since my driver wasn't that old they are sending me one free of charge and hopefully add a warning letter to non forum folks to be aware of these problems. Thank you Polk. Very nice indeed.
2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    I've always had a good experience when I deal with Polk CS.
    Glad they took care of you.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    You have to make a cut out on the surround at each screw hole otherwise the same thing will happen again. This has been posted many, many times here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• leftwinger57
    Options
    Jesse that's all well and good for forum members. For each member there must be hundreds of Polk customers that don't know a thing of excess rubber around the screw holes and to further that there also must be the same people who are not electronically savey to know or do the battery test, how hard is it to place a red dot on the positive side ? Both things should and I think will be addressed. At least put in a warning letter saying you must trim the rubber around the screw holes, and truth be told buying a new product you should not have to modify it your self.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I agree with what your saying, but as one starts tightening a screw, and starts to see the rubber twist, you would think common sense would say "stop" before you ruin the rubber surround.. "Umm I bet I could take a blade and trim a little of that away"

IMHO if someone can't stop and figure out something is wrong before they destroy it, maybe they shouldn't be working on the speakers till they ask for a little help...

Oh, and Polk CS ROCKS!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    In addition, just be darn glad Polk still offers replacement drivers for speakers that are over 20 years old. It's very rare for a company to do that and I for one am extremely grateful.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Polk is great. Their customer service is outstanding. I'd
    call before writing if you can't wait. great product and
    customer service with a 5 year warranty and support for
    older models... I keep coming back :)
  • leftwinger57
    Options
    I can't and have no argument w/ that. It's actually amazing tome they are still make copies of their vintage drivers for people who still love their original speakers what ever series they are. Good point. It is funny that that every 6.5 driver looks the same but all have different values and are not interchangeable.