dodge IS building the Rumble Bee

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
latest issue of dodge's customer promo-rag came out and midway through it there's a yellow rumble bee truck.

slated for 2005 production, the rumble bee comes in only two colors ... yellow and black. --- with a sorta ok lookin bumble bee with exhaust pipes comin out his back for a logo at the rear.

old school charger vertical racing stripe on back, hood scoop -- yada yada -- but it's a scham.

the truck comes with the current 5.7L hemi 8 ... a stick... but other than that, nothing else special... in fact the SRT-10 Ram would probably smoke the **** out of it.

I guess dodge's hesitation to really produce the true rumble bee lead them to this half assed idea.

I was told they were trying to fiddle their way around putting the old 426's into trucks w/ carbs as well as some other things... but alas i suppose they were unable to get by that obstacle, and instead wimped out and had to make their corporate research buck count by releasing what is literally a "shell" of a car.... the body of the rumble bee -- the guts of a ram 1500 run of the mill truck... YUCK!

i'm disappointed in dodge. bastids!

god forbid they design a simple fuel injection setup for the 426 -- the time to do so would be more than well worth it -- they'd make a small fortune if they ever re-released a big block ... they'd be the only auto maker making abig block actually... and they'd make a fortune doint it.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2004
    Originally posted by PoweredByDodge
    they'd make a small fortune if they ever re-released a big block ... they'd be the only auto maker making abig block actually... and they'd make a fortune doint it.
    no ****...i dont know why SOMEBODY doesnt make a big block....doesnt make sense to me...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2004
    well see... with modern technology - they can squeak 300 horsepower out of a small block without a problem and keep it emissions legal... so why should a mfg spend money on the materials for a big block when they can do the same power with a small block...

but little old me looks at it this way -- if they can do 300 w/ a small block, they can do 500, 600, 700 with a big block and some technology.

however, you'll never see a car over 500 horsepower roll out of a showroom as a NORMAL production model -- i dont know the specifics but mfg's wont put that much beef under the hood for fear of insurance liabililty when you kill yourself in their 300 mph machine.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2004
    The Dodge Viper is like 505 and the new Ford GT is going to be like 550 horses. That Shelby Cobra thing is like 600 horses.

The main reason you don't see a big block is emissions standards and greenies. The larger the engine, the more emissions it spews. 7.4 liters of big block is going to spew a hell of alot more crap than 5.7 liters of HEMI. On top of that, nobody would buy them because gas mileage would suck totally and the greenies would be up in arms.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited March 2004
    damn tree huggers! -- wait, i'm oneof them.. well sorta -- i'm pro environment -- as long as it doesn't keep me from a bigger engine... heh
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited March 2004
    Take your 5.XX liter V8 and strap a couple of turbochargers to it. Then you will have all the power of a big block plus turbo whine!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2004
    yeah but take your big block and put super chargers on it...
    heh...
    i hate tree huggers
    im not going to pour lead based paint into a drainage ditch...but f*** emissions...i wont be around when it gets real bad...
    spoken as a true moron...but still...lol
    -Cody