HTPCs or Lots of DIY PC Parts, SSD, CPUs, Motherboards, Power Supplies, Memory, Cable tuners, etc

billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,163
edited September 2015 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have decided to go away from having Home Theater PCs for all my TVs. It was fun, I liked it, but my wife and kids prefer Tivo, so now I'm back to that.

I now have a surplus of three complete HTPCs. Or, I can sell off parts from 3+ computer builds. I also have a pair of Silicondust cable card network tuners.

I'm not putting a huge effort into this unless there is some interest.

Here is a list of parts that I am selling with prices. PM me for info on each item if you are interested. I will take/send pics of requested items. All items are in excellent, like new condition. Most parts were purchased new in 2014 and have been used for approximately 1 year or less. Most items have original boxes/packaging/accessories. Prices do not include shipping, but I always strive to find cheapest shipping method and only pass on actual cost.

These parts are for the most part, all currently all in one of the 3 builds, but I will remove and sell as needed.

Or, I can sell a complete HTPC with certain combinations of the hardware below. They would be running Windows 7 with Windows Media Center customized to launch Kodi, with bluray drive, BD playback software, etc. If you are interested in something like this, PM me and I can quote you on one of the builds.

Motherboards/CPUs
*$10 discount over individual prices if you purchase CPU and motherboard combos as shown below:
*Both motherboards have modified BIOS to allow easy SLIC2.0 activation of Windows 7.
*Both combos below include integrated graphics that are more than enough for a 1080p playback HTPC (unless you want to do gaming).

MSI Z97 PC Mate (socket 1150), full ATX board, Military Class, with box/IO shield/etc. $70
Intel Pentium G3258 with unlocked multiplier. W/ box/heatsink. $40

MSI A78M-E45 (socket FM2+) mATX board, Military Class with box/IO sheild/etc. $50
AMD A6-6400k with unlocked multiplier. W/ box/heatsink $40

Memory
4GB (2x2GB kit) Adata Gamer Series low voltage DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz $20 for kit
8GB (2x4GB kit) Kingston Hyper X Red series DDR3 SDRAM 1600MHz $40 for kit
4GB (2x2GB kit) Kingston SODIMM Laptop memory DDR3 1600MHz $20 for kit

SSD
2x Samsung 120GB SSD (older models, both test in good health. Less than 2TB written to each) SATA2.0 only $30 each...Good for older SATA2.0 laptops/computers.

Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD SATA3.0 still showing 100%% life, about 2.5TB written to it. $40

Optical Drives
2x LG BD ROM multi drive (has burner for DVDR/DVDRW) $25 each

Video Cards
Nvidia Gforce GT 635 (Kepler based) OEM version w/1GB DDR3 memory HDMI/DVI/VGA output $25

2 x Visiontek AMD Radeon HD5670 w/512MB DDR5 HDMI/DVI/VGA output $30 each

Power Supplies
2x 80 Plus Bronze XFX TS Series 550w supplies $25 each with box/etc.

Cases
2x Low Profile NMediaPC HTPC 400BA Cases (actually they are slightly different from what you see in photos). Beautiful black anodized finish, can hold full ATX board. Includes 500W power supply and IR dongle/remote and cooling fan. Will look great in a living room environment. They look like A/V equipment. $40 each

Cooling Fans
2x Zalman CNPS8900 110mm low profile copper CPU cooler. Quiet and compact, perfect for HTPC. $25 each

Cable Card/Network Tuner

2x SiliconDust HDHomerun Prime 3-tuner cable card tuners. Like new with box/accessories. Model HDHR3-CC $70-each.

I also have a 3rd complete HTPC that is based on an old Dell mini-tower with Athlon X2 4850e and 4GB of DDR2. It is old, but it plays back 1080p with no problem and is snappy with one of the Samsung 128gb SSDs. Inquire if interested. Price would be around $100 depending on video card etc.
For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...

Comments

• LOL ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME...

I just ordered my HTPC parts last night damn it lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • billbillw
    LOL ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME...

Cancel! I'll hook you up!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited September 2015
    billbillw wrote: »
    LOL ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME...

Cancel! I'll hook you up!

Looking into it to see whats what..... Problem is most of my stuff is fairly cheap already (and can pickup from Neweggs local warehouse to save shipping costs) and has to be somewhat specific as I'm re-using some parts myself......

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • billbillw
    Well, think about it. I can send you one almost completely pre-configured...
  • billbillw wrote: »
    Well, think about it. I can send you one almost completely pre-configured...

Trust me, I'm thinking about it...
  • Do you have pics of the cases? Also how much to ship to 93277. I've got an HTPC already, but I want a better looking case.
    AVR: DENON X4000
    FRONT L/R: ARX A3RX-C
    CENTER: ARX A2RX-C
    SURROUND L/R: ARX A3
    SUBWOOFER: PSA-XV15

SERVER: UNRAID 15TB
    MEDIA PLAYERS: DUNE SMART SERIES D1
    HDTV: VIZIO M601D-A3R
  • Also may be interested in the Mushkin SSD drive got to figure out if it will be enough for my unraid server cache drive.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    pm sent on the dell.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • billbillw
    GFO, It looks like both cases are probably sold and the Mushkin will be going in one of them. I'll let you know if something changes.

FYI for all looking at these: the HTPC cases look basically like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811204014

The only difference is that mine do not have the nMedia logo on the front, there is a media card reader on the front (instead of the USB/Firewire). The USB/Firewire/Audio ports are relocated on the front left side corner.

Also, mine do not have the twin fans on the rear above the board i/o. Instead, it has cutouts for twin 120mm fans on the right side (next to the motherboard). I currently do not have fans in those locations. They would require low profile fans (less than 15mm thick). It cools just fine with the combination of power supply fan and the rear 80mm fan.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I think I'll pass for now, but GLWS Bill!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    Are the Samsung ssd 820? Is the mushkin still available?
  • billbillw
    maingey wrote: »
    Are the Samsung ssd 820? Is the mushkin still available?

No and No. The Samsungs are PM810 and PB22-JS3-FDE. Both are OEM Dell versions.
  • Okay. Thanks for letting me know.

• billbillw
    Looks like I have pending sales both HTPC cases, both MB/CPU combos, both sets of desktop DDR3, both Zalman coolers, both LG Bluray drives, all the SSDs, one of the Radeon HD5670, one of the HDHR3 tuners, and both XFX power supplies.

I am holding off on selling the Dell mini-tower because I noticed some problems with it last night that I need to sort out first.

So, basically just have one of the Cablecard 3-tuner devices (HDHR3-CC), one Radeon HD5670, and the Geforce GT635.
  • billbillw
    edited September 2015
    OK. Two complete HTPCs officially sold.
    I have a few things left plus I found a few other things collecting dust that I would like to move out.

The Dell mini-tower is up and running again with a fresh install. I can configure it to be an HTPC or leave it as a clean install, or install other software if needed (just ask what I have).

So, this is what I have left:

One Silicon Dust HDHomerun Prime (3-tuner cable card #HDHR3-CC) $65

One Dell Inspiron 531 mini-tower w/ Athlon X2 4850e CPU/4GB DDR2 RAM/128GB Samsung SSD/+ a medium size HDD as secondary drive/Geforce 635 1GB-DDR3/Antec Basiq 430W PS/DVD-ROM-CDRRW drive/quiet Nexus fans. I can sell this as shown for $120 configured as needed.

4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz SODIMM (laptop memory) $20

I also have a couple Netgear WNR3500L routers running Tomato firmware that I can sell for $20. These can be configured as a router, access point, or wireless bridge using the options in Tomato. Note: they can also run DD-WRT, but I find Tomato to be more stable.

Lastly, I have a Cisco DPC-3000 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. It is a 4x4 modem. I used this until I recently upgraded to an 8x4 model. It was rock solid stable for over 3 years. $20.

Prices do not include shipping. I can get photos if requested.

• billbillw
    I also have two pairs of DDR2 memory sticks

Each pair is 2GB (2x1GB)

One pair is Wintec AMPX (800MHz) desktop DIMMs, nicer than average (heatsinks, etc) $10

The other set is laptop SODIMMs. No heatsinks. Came from a Dell D830 Laptop. Hynix I think. Probably 667MHz. $10