Hifonics ZX6000 amp Question

Demonoids777
Demonoids777 Posts: 14
edited March 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am looking at picking up a Hifonics ZX6000 amp because of the price of $169 that I found and was wondering what model name is Hifonics top of the line. Like I was wondering if the Brutus series is better than the Zeus series or the other way, not that this is going to sway me from buying the 6000 but I just wanted to know. Also will this amp be good enough to run a Memphis HPO12 12" subwoofer? Thanks for any feedback.
Post edited by Demonoids777 on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    From bottom to top:
    Apollo -> Zeus -> Generation
    Brutus is on par with Zeus

and that amp has twice the power that sub can take; in a 1.4 cu.ft. sealed box, it may be able to take it if you're easy on the gain and the volume (very questionable). if you're porting, its out of the question.

memphis has a dvc 12, u could get 2 of those and drive the amp to its full potential (each sub wired series, then parallel them, and bridge the amp)
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Demonoids777
    Demonoids777 Posts: 14
    edited March 2004
    So is this amp not worth picking up with the sub I want to use? I would only like to run 1 12" sub in the back of my car only because its a Ford Probe and I don't want tons of bass and not be able to hear my beautiful POLK speakers. I have another question also, I already have an amp installed for my components, I have a 4 quage power kit that is hooked up to a distrabution block. What I was wondering is the distrabution block goes in at 4 guage but goes out to the amps at 8 guage is this going to be a problem? I wouldn't know how to hook up to amps to my battery nor would I want to do that. Thanks for the feedback.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    from the end:
    no, you'll be just fine w/ 8-gauge going to each amp from the d-block. and btw the d-block is already hooked to ur batt, so u wouldnt have to worry bout that anyway :p

and the smallest 2-channel zeus, the ZX4000 is plenty for that sub. if you haven't already bought the memphis, may i suggest an mm124? that way u can stick with the deal you seem to have gotten on the ZX6000 and have quality bass to boot. im not putting the memphis down, i've just never heard it and as such cannot pass judgement on it.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs