power for subs

Options
98redrocktj
98redrocktj Posts: 9
edited March 2004 in Car Subwoofer Talk
i have 2 ppi a600 white arts series i am looking for subs and i found a place around here that has the polk momo mm10 for 99 bucs. My amps do 600@ 4 ohms is this to much for each sub or is this just right. second question, are these subs easy to remove from that enclosure if i want to take them outand put them in another
Post edited by 98redrocktj on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    Options
    that's one hell of a deal - you may wish to check you're getting polk's warranty with it (like ebay, im pretty sure u dont get the warranty if u buy it on ebay, it may be the same if this place is an unauthorized dealer); it shouldnt be too hard to remove, tho i dont know for sure.

it should be able to take the 600, if put in a reasonably small sealed enclosure; if you put it in something else (why?) then 600 will probably be too much.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • 98redrocktj
    edited March 2004
    Options
    i just picked them up and they are a polk authorized dealer and i payed 20 bucs for the 2 year waranty . If i blow one theyll replace it. The place is called fry electronics. Well i have a down firing box with .85 space per sub that is made to go in my jeep behind the rear seat. is this space to much.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2004
    Options
    it is slightly larger than the rec'd value of .66 ft^3. it should still be able to take the 600, and it may reach a little lower but at the same time it'll be a little less precise. someone had better correct me if i'm wrong, but polyfill and the like allow the driver to 'see' more space rather than less, so that wont work. it may be that the driver itself will take up some, if not all, of that excess. i think you're going to be just fine.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2004
    Options
    if they make you pay $20 for the warranty, then they are NOT authorized dealers
    and plus, momo's come with a 3 yr warranty
    -Cody
  • mechE2004
    mechE2004 Posts: 6
    edited March 2004
    Options
    I got my MM10 for the same deal at Fry's Electronics in Phoenix. I didn't have to pay $20 bucks to get the 3 year warranty. The 3 year warranty is only for factory defects though. So if I blow it I doubt they will replace it.

Mark
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited March 2004
    Options
    if its polk's actual warranty, and it blows, theyll replace it
    done it before...
    twice...lol
    -Cody
  • 98redrocktj
    edited March 2004
    Options
    these also have the 3 year warrenty from polk, but for 20 bucs its much easier to to drive 5 minutes and get another one rather than have to deal with the shipping crap
  • 98redrocktj
    edited March 2004
    Options
    they are on sale for 79 now went back and they gave me the diffrence plus 10 % cant beat that