AudioSource SW Four powered Subwoofer

ng9mpb969h1g.jpg

A friend of mines moving he had this sub he told me was not working if I would be interested in it so he brought it by this afternoon said here you go well I pulled it apart fuses all were ok but the amp is fried. I found some info out on it its a12 inch woofer 4 ohm 200 watt amp and it was $500 dollars new back in 1997. This thing is a beast down firing two ports on the bottom.

I found out AudioSource is based out of Portland Oregon but they don't support that model anymore no parts available, does anyone know where I could get an aftermarket amp for it, and if so besides knowing that it's 4ohm 200 watts and the measurement of the amp and the opening does anyone else no what other info I need to be aware of if I could find a source for an aftermarket amp. Oh yeah has anyone heard any AudioSource subs before? I would think this would be a good for movies shaking the house sub, thoughts anyone?
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Thanks Keiko I will get the plate amps measurements and call parts express, in the meantime I stashed it at work no need in the wife rolling her eyes wondering where I'm gonna put it.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tmaus1969
    tmaus1969 Posts: 1
    AudioSource SW four (200 Watt)

I have had to pleasure of using your AudioSource SW Four. All of a sudden one day it stopped working. I did the following

1. Validated the power source was connected and when it is connected the SW Four emits a faint hum.
    2. The power light is off
    3. I Continuity validated the speaker wire with a ohm meter
    4. Validated the connections to my JVC AMP from the Sub Woofer port
    5. My regular Bose base is working fine.

The above was sent to AudioSource in Portland Oregon Memorial Day today so I am going to see what it would cost to repair it by shipping it to them. I have enjoyed this Subwoofer that shakes the windows in my house if I want, and it is backed up with a top of the line Bose Surround sound with it's own Subwoofer. With my 200 watt JVC Equalizer on highest base lowest center and High then while in the shower and shaving my shower radio turned all the way up on 98.5 Christian Music and my JVC Cranked to 37 out of 40 same FM Station 98.5 that is how I want to hear worship music on Sunday morning and Saturday mornings when we clean the church. I have now lost my boom. FYI I will be 68 years old July 13.