Fallout 4

voltz
voltz Posts: 5,384
I see Fallout 4 coming in November

saw this video for it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5zW_tX2A14
2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited July 2015
    Already requested November 11th and 12th off work. Label me what you will. :p

That video is funny. Awesome.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • voltz
    edited July 2015
    Awesome!! B)

I played Fallout 1 and finished it years ago & loved its ending. had 2 but didn't finish it and have hundreds & hundreds of hours on 3 & vegas...and skyrim etc... and played them all the way trough several times...

I will pick it up 1st day out ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    I'll check this one out. Wasn't the Fallout 3 soundtrack really swinging?
  • Nightfall
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    I'll check this one out. Wasn't the Fallout 3 soundtrack really swinging?
    The Ink Spots and such, yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE

• Nightfall
    voltz wrote: »
    hundreds & hundreds of hours on 3 & vegas...and skyrim etc... and played them all the way through several times...

I will pick it up 1st day out ;)

Same. Bethesda makes the best games.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Finished Fallout 2, but got bored with Vegas. I haven't turned my Xbox on in at least 6-9 months. I did like exploring the Fallout 2 world once I became friends with the super mutant.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    BlueFox wrote: »
    once I became friends with the super mutant.

Who's that...Tony?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • voltz
    There was something about the theme for 3 that was so catchy ....it just fit so well B)

• voltz
    edited November 2015
    Here a funny Conan video about fallout 4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx8_pI3utlk&feature=youtu.be

Well Finally received and installed Fallout 4" it was nice talking to everyone, hope to see you next year sometime :wink:

• Nightfall
    I have been playing non stop myself.

• mrbiron
    So I don't know if everyone has seen it but if you buy fallout 4 from the Xbox store, they will give you fallout 3 free from now till February.

That gives me 2 months to clear out my backlog ...
  • Nightfall
    Yep. Also Fallout 3 is now backwards compatible so you can play it on your Xbox One.

• voltz
    we been icing over since T-day havent even tried to open my truck's door.

So I got in a good 8 hours of FO4 yesterday between a few football games. got taken out a few times LOL but I didnt have power armor was running around feeling out the game, those little mole rats popping up can over run ya.

• mrbiron
    Today is the last day of the Xbox sale for Fallout 4 and Fallout 3 for $49. After today, it goes back up to $59.
    The offer for Fallout 3 with purchase is still good until Feb 8th.

I ordered this morning........I'll get around to it when Fallout 5 launches....
  • voltz
    I been playing a lot of Fallout 4...my character is up to level 71 :/

• Nightfall
    It's awesome, right?

• voltz
    edited January 2016
    It sure has had it moments! Graphics are stunning like playing a animated movie.

was off from the 23rd thru Jan 4th so I got carried away :p

• mrbiron
    So I started this today. It's my first shot at "Fallout" and I am on the fence already. Not huge into this much customization and skill upgrades.

I'll give it another couple hours since I did in fact buy it with real money.

Any advice for a beginner to the series? Should I be focusing on specific upgrades or just progress them all equally?

Where do I put my mech suit for safe keeping or can I get more later?
  • Nightfall
    edited February 2016
    You can put the power suits at one of your bases, Sanctuary is the first one you unlock. There are a ton of power armor suits in the game. When I finished my first playthrough I had 15+ power armor suits stashed at Sanctuary.

If you don't like customization and choices, you probably shouldn't buy RPGs anymore LOL! Avoid the crafting skill upgrades and just use the equipment that you find and can buy because that's not going to be your thing. Otherwise you have to hunt down items that can be broken down into certain materials you need to make certain weapon/armor upgrades. I think that's a lot of the fun of RPGs like this. Just pick the skill upgrades that sound good to you, you can't really go too wrong.

• mrbiron
    I thought it was a FPS at heart with attribute upgrades. This is just insane.

I just wanted to say I beat one of the "greatest games of all time".

I should just stick to Lego themed games ;)
  • mrbiron
    I just looked....you have logged 212 hours on this game. You're nuts! :p
  • Nightfall
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I just looked....you have logged 212 hours on this game. You're nuts! :p

Video games and music with a sprinkling of movies and (good) TV shows. That's how I spend literally all of my free time.

Been sitting here just listening to music for 5 hours now, it adds up. It would be cool to have something keep track of my music listening hours too. :)

• mrbiron
    edited February 2016
    So I'm finding the game doesnt give you ANY information at all! There are a million things that can be crafted but NOTHING. Wtf is this radiation that shows up in my health bar. Am I supposed to treat that?

I'm trying to build a GD bed, have enough resources to build 10, but the GD game says I can't because I'm missing the fallout icon that doesn't match anything in my upgrade tree........frustrating!

I'm playing this like a first person shooter...will this last or am I boned?
  • Nightfall
    You can remove radiation by bringing up your pip boy, on the stat screen, you'll see "radaway" at the bottom, you should have at least picked some up by now.

You need to upgrade the "Armorer", "Blacksmith", "Gun Nut", and "Science!" skills to build and craft things. Some stuff requires higher levels and even multiples of these skills in order for you to be able to build them, then you also have to go out and find the items that can be broken down into the materials you need. The "Scrapper" skill helps you get more items when you break stuff down.

You can play it like a FPS if you want, no problem. Forget the crafting and building if it's too complicated for how you want to play the game.

• Nightfall
    edited February 2016
    You know about clicking in the right joystick to "sneak" right? How about left bumper to enter VATS during combat?

The faster you move while sneaking the better the chance that you will be spotted. That is until you upgrade the "Sneak" skill up to level 4/5 then how quick you move while sneaking isn't taken into account anymore. Your "Agility" stat also affects your ability to stay hidden while sneaking.

The "Perception" stat affects your % chance to hit in VATS and "Agility" stat affects how many action points you have in VATS, each shot in VATS takes a certain amount of your action points away. Action points slowly regenerate when you're not in VATS.

• mrbiron
    Dear god!

So basically I can't craft **** for a while as those perks are a ways out.

I do have radaway. Again, no clue what it was for.

No idea what the VATS is....

I do know about the sneak but my damn floaty guy gets spotted and cue the gun fight.

I'm evenly bringing up the perks as I don't have a clue otherwise.

:(:(
  • Nightfall
    edited February 2016
    Don't bring companions with you, they're idiots and they get in the way ALL of the time. Talk to Codsworth and tell him to go home.

Next time you're in a fight, press the left bumper. It will put the action in slow motion and allow you to choose your shots. Hit the right trigger (shoot button) on a body part that has the highest percent of hitting until you run out of action points then press A. Once you see and do it you'll understand what it is.

This isn't even an overly complicated game, you should try playing some of the Japanese RPG's, they'd blow your mind! ;) It certainly isn't Call of Duty either.

I think if you have some patience and really learn it you will like it a lot. You can go and do whatever you want whenever you want, you're not just following a predetermined story that is exactly the same every time. You can respond to people how you see fit, etc, you're not just watching a predetermined cut scene between characters. Much freedom.

I think for now, until you get a grasp of the game, seriously forget about the crafting. You can find and buy all of the equipment you need. If you find yourself in a tough spot or dying a lot just go into the settings from the start button menu and go to "Gameplay" and lower the difficulty level.

• mrbiron
    Lower difficulty.....duly noted!
  • Nightfall
    edited February 2016
    You don't have to put your skill point into the named skills when you level up either, you can put it into your stats like Strength, Agility, Perception, etc at the very top. Each stat directly affects things such as the amount of weight you can carry (Strength) as well as unlocks better skills. The further down the list of skills the more points you need in that category to be able to even use those skills. Hopefully that makes sense. Like if you want the "Quick Hands" skill (faster reloading guns) under the "Agility" tree you need to have 8 points into your "Agility" stat.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Atari
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a